My New ML Boatworks Sport-20 build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Are you going to add any more foam to the sponsons? Just curious as I am building one too...

-Kent

Yeh Rodney,, If the step had been the other direction, I woulda gone with it,,, just didn't make sence to me..

Kent, I had thought about adding more,, but I think that's gonna be it. Are you building yours nitro or electric?

Rick, I am building mine for FE...

Are you going to be using one of Mr. Tyndall's fins? I have one on order with him...was thinking about adding an 1/8" peice of alum. to the inside of the rear sponson former so it can be drilled and tapped for mounting screws for the fin bracket....how are you mounting your fin?

Thanks,

Kent

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick, the build looks like its going well. I will finally receive the next batch of kits tomorrow so i can start the build/ instruction manual. I will say however, it is sad to see you removed one of the most valuable design features from the kit. While i think the boat will still perform fine with the many other aspects that keep the boat stable, that was a very important item! If you or anyone would like to know why, feel free to pm or call me at (252) 717-6282. Keep the pics coming! Mike

Rick, I am building mine for FE...

Are you going to be using one of Mr. Tyndall's fins? I have one on order with him...was thinking about adding an 1/8" peice of alum. to the inside of the rear sponson former so it can be drilled and tapped for mounting screws for the fin bracket....how are you mounting your fin?

Thanks,

Kent
Kent,,, did you get Mike L's picture tutorial for the build?

He added a piece of aluminum to the inside of the STBD sponson bulkhead for that purpose,, I'm planning to do the same!

Have done it in the past, and works great.

Have also done this for mounting the rudder, made a small backing plate on the inside of the transom, to spread the load of the rudder.

Rick what foam are you using there? I am looking for some Klegecell but I can't seem to find a source. Thanks
Kevin;

It is Dow Corning insulation foam, You can get up to 2" thick from Home Depot,, Find a insulation contractor you can get up to 4"

it is nice & dense, (really light) and works real easy

Kevin, I think this is the stuff

http://building.dow.com/na/en/products/insulation/squareedge.htm

The PDF file say's up to 4" thick

Rick, I like your set-up. I am waiting for my sport 40 hull to be built. Your set-up is very close to how I thought to set the boat up in head( don't have the hull yet). I will run a twin fuel tank set-up center around the motor. I plan a on using an AA45 and CMB VAC for the power plant.

I like your engine mount. I would like to use that same style mount, is that a custom mount. Can it be purchased? Any ifo would be helpful. Right know I don't have time to machine up an engine mount.

Keep up the great work.

Bert Dygert

Hey Bert;

Thanks for the kind words,

The mount started out as a standard type 21 mount (this one was an RPM mount)

I replaced the side mount rails with structural angle aluminum I just cut out on the band saw, and dressed up on the belt sander,

I don't have any "machining" tools either.

Back