Mutt II top again at NAMBA Nats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Bourlet

Congratulations to Mark Grim for winning Sport 40 II at the NAMBA Nationals,Alfred Lanza placed second and Chris Grim set fast time all driving Anderson Mutt IIs.

Eric, are these boats for sale? I have seen a few at the races but not much more about them. Think I met Mr. Anderson also lol. I'm a newer member in the club :)

Eric,

That's great to hear... since I understand that I'm the proud new owner of one of these hulls! Hmmmm.... am I going to make it into and FE, or should I go Sport 40 racing??? ;)

Yep there were many Nitro guys that wanted that hull. I know that either way you go Mark Anderson wants to talk to you about setup particulars. I would like to see it at district races with a nitro power plant just to have another boat in the Sport II class to play with. It also may be cool to see how far it could be pushed with electric but I don't think with your new max size limits there is a class to race it in. Either way I know that you will have fun with it, those hulls are the best performing Sport II made.

It'll make a great Q sport boat. I know 3-4 power setups that will make it very quick. NAMBA 2 lap record is open and the SAW record is 80.78mph. Time to get to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
normal_RD_1.jpg

can you post some pic of the boat , love to see it. lol

A mutt looks like this.....

normal_RD_1.jpg

Wow Rob, I'm surprised that cowl works. There were many hours spent in the design of the original cowl that had to do with aerodynamics. That turbine tube must realy change the lift point of the deck. Looks interesing though and it looks like it's working for you.

normal_RD_1.jpg

Wow Rob, I'm surprised that cowl works. There were many hours spent in the design of the original cowl that had to do with aerodynamics. That turbine tube must realy change the lift point of the deck. Looks interesing though and it looks like it's working for you.
Eric, I had no choice with the cowl other than to try and find another. I got the hull from Dave Rumble and the whole back end was cut out where he must have run his tuned pipe. I geuss out east they don't have rules to conceal the pipe like namba. Currently the pipe runs under the deck like normal. And yes, it can get very flighty as it currently stands. The only other choice is to remove the fake turbine tube and rebuild the cowl, unless I can get another....

gallery_128_25_129471.jpg
Eric, here is another pic of when I got the hull.....never could understand why someone would cut all the back end of the cowl off.... I'm going to work on it this winter, so maybe an addition to the cowl and a new red paint job to match my T-4 is in order.... I did have to add about 6 ounces of lead shot in each sponson to keep it on the water.....It is a great boat though....My best time on a 6 lap namba course here in Edmonton at 2200' was 1:27.5 so its no slouch.....

gallery_128_25_129471.jpg
Eric, here is another pic of when I got the hull.....never could understand why someone would cut all the back end of the cowl off.... I'm going to work on it this winter, so maybe an addition to the cowl and a new red paint job to match my T-4 is in order.... I did have to add about 6 ounces of lead shot in each sponson to keep it on the water.....It is a great boat though....My best time on a 6 lap namba course here in Edmonton at 2200' was 1:27.5 so its no slouch.....
Hmm I bet Mark may be persuaded to sell you a new cowell. Call MArk or Gary Pruse at G&M if that don't work.

Latest posts

Back