MLsx400 / GP400

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

I have this SX400 going together. we probably addressed this before, but I'm looking for guys with experience with these boats running nitro. I have spoken with Mike and he feels that about 1.oo behind the sponson TE will work well.

I am looking for maybe some guys that have built this in nitro to share their experience. Right now I'm about the set the motor. I have the mounts so that the carb on the motor hangs over the bulkhead that makes the sponson trailing edge.. Do you guys think that is a good spot? and have you had to add much weight?

Thanks

Try Bert Dygert. He has a GP400. His GP400 setup helped me with my DPS setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anthony,

See the attached picture. I moved my motor mount in front of the bulkhead. My CG is 1.0 inch or less. note side battery box in left front corner.

Also the rudder is on the right side of the transom like John Finch suggested on the electric version. Boat handles like a dream.

Hope this helps.

Bert Dygert

Sport 40 Ram Wing -2.JPG

Anthony,

Here is a picture of the motor mount and radio box. This is my current configuration. Still had to add 1.5 oz to the inside left sponson tip to keep from carrying the left sponson at the end of the straight away.

Going to start breaking is the VAC after this weekends race.

Bert Dygert

100_0694.jpg

100_0693.jpg

I have my motor about 1 inch back from your position.. maybe less. Tight up front there in the radio box. If you could some pics of the set up RTR, it would really help..

Thank you very much fro your help.. I really don't want to have to move major components to get this running well...

Anthony,

Everything less pipe and drive line installed.

This should help a bunch.

Bert

Sport 40-1- 6.21.13.JPG

Sport 40 -2- 6.21.13.JPG

Sport 40-3- 6.21.13.JPG

Back