ML GP310 sport 21 hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

Hey guys.. after seeing Mikes Wicked .12 hydro I thought about building that.. but I remember how hard it was to rig the last sport12 I built. Now thinking about one of his .21 hydros, GP310,..

This is a 31 in sport hydro that seems like it was originally designed for FE. I think I can do a CF doubling under the engine bay, mount the engine to the floor, Do a front radio box and build it integral to the hull. My concern is the fuel tank. I know this type of boat relies heavily on CG. If I put it on the left side as close to the engine and CG as I can get it.. do you guys think it will be good? I don't think the tanks can go in the sponsons on this design.. Maybe I"m wrong though..

Anyone build one of these for nitro yet?

Anthony,

I have a GP-400 boat that Mike built. I put a doubler in the bottom of the hull much like a bridge plate in a rigger. Then built a motor mount to mount through the bottom of the hull. I have started the front radio box. I plan on two saddle tanks(8 oz. each for a VAC 45) just ahead of the CG draining right tank to left tank.

These boats run great in electric and all the weight of the batteries in ahead of the CG.

I will post picture when I have more progress on the radio box.

Bert Dygert

Last edited by a moderator:
Back