ML Boatworks 8700 Gas Scale Extreme kit and cowling

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Steve @ www.rcboatcompany.com has the 8700 U-10 style cowling available for gas scale, and I used the cowling he made myself and Don F. to make the 8700 Extreme series kit. This is the most complete kit I have ever offered. Its a true 3 piece buildup, includes the floor pan that is laser etched and toy tabbed, it includes templates for: The ram entrance curves, the rear wings, the rear tiplets and the cockpit area curvature. It also has the front canard and flaps with precut holes for your 3/16" flap rod, 7/32" flap sleeve, which will slide into a 3/8" dowel rod at the front of the flap, and it has precut backers to keep the 7/32" sleeve solid behind the cockpit and inside the sponson. Its a pretty cool kit! I will be building one asap, so there will be a guide to help. Here is a jpg image of the complete kit. I did it black/ white, and white black to help make it clearer. All that is left to do is add it on the cut sheets, and get it cut! Mike

8700GASKITblackwhite_zpse8f09656.jpg

8700GASKITl_zps3b33c4c6.jpg

I also want to add the blunt non trip 8700, which makes the late '95 and '96 Smokin Joes, Close Call, Hoss Mortgage, etc. has also been designed and available. This kit will also work with the Older 8700's hulls, like the '89 Circus Pink Lady, Pico American dream but cowlings are not available for that hull right now. I will post a jpg of the blunt non trip side 8700 in a bit. This kit will also work with the '93 and newer 8401 hulls that had jones sponsons, like the '93 Circus Backup, and the '94 Exide conventional deck hull.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back