Miss Timex

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P THOMAS

Supporting Member
Vendor
I finally have done some progress on the Timex. Laid up the hull last week and getting the setup done. Have the motor mounted and the fake engine in position. Planning on using some spirng roller cabinet latches to hold the motor on. Any one have other good solutions to this problem?

I will get some picture uploaded soon

PHIL

Hey Phil,

Glad to hear you have some new projects...

Which Timex are you doing, tell me the 1972 u-44?!?!?!

See ya soon.

Garrett

I finally have done some progress on the Timex. Laid up the hull last week and getting the setup done. Have the motor mounted and the fake engine in position. Planning on using some spirng roller cabinet latches to hold the motor on. Any one have other good solutions to this problem?

PHIL

Hey Phil,
Glad to hear you have some new projects...

Which Timex are you doing, tell me the 1972 u-44?!?!?!

See ya soon.

Garrett

PHIL
I never got those to hold worth a darn. I made a hinge setup that keeps the motor on the boat.

PHIL
I went with these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXMHB4&P=7 they are smaller than they appear in the photo and hold tight until you turn the 90 deg. I wanted to use Mike's hinge system but it wouldn't work with my radio box setup. I agree the cabinet latches aren't reliable.

Brent

Phil use magnets to hold down the cowl..Carlo at C/c racing (gas guy on jims boat dock, 505-305-5004) he sells them.. i use them on my bud and they are awesome,,holds when suppose too and lets go when needed.with no damage due to comming off....will send pics if interested.... very clean set up.....Big joe wiebelhaus and roger have seen this on my bud....

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil use magnets to hold down the cowl..Carlo at C/c racing (gas guy on jims boat dock, 505-305-5004) he sells them.. i use them on my bud and they are awesome,,holds when suppose too and lets go when needed.with no damage due to comming off....will send pics if interested.... very clean set up.....Big joe wiebelhaus and roger have seen this on my bud....
OK I have some magnet sets too. I have the rear cowl mounted ok, pins in the rear and two snap latches like the roller latches in the front. I was working on getting the scale motor mounted.

PHIL

I was looking at 4 roller latches for the motor, but maybe 4 magnets would do the job.

These round nose are a pain :lol:

Of course I am using the Mac with the carb sticking up under the scale motor too, that adds to the problems.

Havent gone over to the green side yet. :rolleyes:

Timex album
here are some pictures of the progress.
Looks nice want some pics of my motor hinge? In Rcu if it falls off your Dqd In D-14 if it falls off it gets run over.... Nasty to ruin a sweet motor with a prop or turn fin............
Cause of the Mac carb I dont think the hinge would work.
looks good Phil afe we going to have a retirement party for the ol Atlas :p
Phil, I believe a hinge setup will work with a Mac.Hopefully the Mac does not move,and the trick is to clear the carb as you raise the dummy engine.I saw Mike's pivot in Evansville last year on the Indian(gorgeous boat)and started there.

I'm using a multi pivot linkage on my 68 Miss Bud which allows me to attach the hull pivot low in the hull and still swing the engine up and forward to clear the corner of the engine compartment, and would also clear the Mac carb.With the dummy engine in place ,it also lets the link appear similar to the engine mounting rails on the real boat.

If I have time to finish it ,Ill show it to you in Evansville in May.I don't have a set up to send pictures, but I'll be glad to send you sketches or discuss over the phone if you,re interested.

Harvey Liberman

That dummy engine and driver look good! Who made those?
That is Larry Kramer stuff. My friend, expert scale builder Greg Hahn built the motor for me.

The life jacket I have had around in the shop for a long time dont remember where it came from.

Last edited by a moderator:
That dummy engine and driver look good! Who made those?
That is Larry Kramer stuff. My friend, expert scale builder Greg Hahn built the motor for me.

The life jacket I have had around in the shop for a long time dont remember where it came from.
Guess the life jacket did not fit you any more huh? Looks good where is yhe RED PAINT clock is ticking TIMEX MAN

PHIL

Hi Phil,

Look like an other cool boat. Check with Gerg Hanh he has his motors secure by a hinge seems to work fine. Ans one less thing to do in the pits.

Bob Morton

PHIL

Hi Phil,

Look like an other cool boat. Check with Gerg Hanh he has his motors secure by a hinge seems to work fine. Ans one less thing to do in the pits.

Bob Morton
Shot with the HOOD UP

Back