Miss Elam Plus Test Today

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hgatjens

The Miss Elam Plus made it's first pre-season test this afternoon on Lake Washington. On a typically drizzily day the boat went out four times. Crew members reported that no real structural changes have been made to the boat. A few running surface angles were changed and all the hardware on the boat was replaced with new for this year.

Here is a story and a small video about a close encounter with a Seattle Police Boat. Note the small horizontal wing in the video. This was used for the first run and then the standard horizontal was put back on.

Paint wise, the only real change is a blue "1" on the cockpit nose, looks just like the one that used to adorn the Budweiser. Also an outline U-1 is on the top of the wing.

http://www.komotv.com/news/story.asp?id=43711

Harry

Last edited by a moderator:
The Miss Elam Plus made it's first pre-season test this afternoon on Lake Washington. On a typically drizzily day the boat went out four times. Crew members reported that no real structural changes have been made to the boat. A few running surface angles were changed and all the hardware on the boat was replaced with new for this year.

Here is a story and a small video about a close encounter with a Seattle Police Boat. Note the small horizontal wing in the video. This was used for the first run and then the standard horizontal was put back on.

Paint wise, the only real change is a blue "1" on the cockpit nose, looks just like the one that used to adorn the Budweiser. Also an outline U-1 is on the top of the wing.

http://www.komotv.com/news/story.asp?id=43711

Harry
that is crazy. my opion the coast guard screwed up. at least no one was hurt

That flip had a lot to do with JW Myers getting fired. By the way JW will be working on the U-10 and the back up driver for Nate Brown this season. I know JW somewhat from his days racing outboards.

By the way did I see a PROBOAT logo on the verts? Interesting configuration with the angled verts and short horizontal wing.

By the way did I see a PROBOAT logo on the verts? Interesting configuration with the angled verts and short horizontal wing.
Yes, Proboat has a log on the leftside upright. The crew told me there is an Elam version of the 1/12th scale gas boat, but I have not seen one.

I think they will stick with the regular wing. They only used the skinny one in one of the four runs.

Back