Miss Circus Circus / Dumas Kit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the german

Vendor
Hi to all 1/8 scale guys out there

I got a Dumas Miss Circus Circus .Now i was wondering how i can lighten the hull.

Any suggestions ?

Thxs for help

Alex

Alex that Hull is going to take a lot of work to make run properly and competitively the ram wing, the angle of the center section forward is way too steep you going to have to get rid of that which is going to add more weight. the bottom is just not conducive to today's power

Alex that Hull is going to take a lot of work to make run properly and competitively the ram wing, the angle of the center section forward is way too steep you going to have to get rid of that which is going to add more weight. the bottom is just not conducive to today's power
Thxs Rick

So you would say ........"trash can" right ?

Alex

Is this a completed hull or a kit waiting to be built? The available options are, obviously, very different

Is this a completed hull or a kit waiting to be built? The available options are, obviously, very different
Mark

It's a 95% built boat and already painted but i will repaint the hull with the original color codes.

My dad gave it to me when i moved to the USA 4 years ago and told me "to take care of it" ....... so the last option for me is to dump it into the trash can cuz there are some memories.

I don't want the fastest 1/8 scale but a decent " runner". I guess he would love to see this boat one day running.

Thxs for all the help guys

Alex

I have to agree, it's in the ballpark since my 2000 Elam is right around 14. That said, everything I was building was hopefully in the range of 11 or 12

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Alex, I have built 2 of the hulls and was able to get both to run pretty well. I've seen others do the same so with a little testing you should be able to get the boat to run without issues. I would start as is and see how she does. From there you may or may not want to make any changes. I ended up removing the rear shoes and adding ride pads on the front sponsons but I've seen the hulls run fine without changes like these. If there is anything I can do to assist just let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Thxs Chris

I guess i have a few questions
default_wink.png

one of the best runnin scales I have ever seen is dumas circus, it's not the boat, it's the guy building/running it

Latest posts

Back