miss bardahl

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure Bardahl used the same yellow all through the years. Roger Newton told me John Deere Yellow. Mike Cathey built a 68 checkerboard bardahl, he might know. Al Hobbs has that boat now.

Thanx.will look into the jd yellow.
There are a multitude of greens and yellows over the years of john deere green and yellow. When I did my 1964 Bardahl, I went with 1964 John Deere green and yellow. The paint color available that year.

Pretty sure Bardahl used the same yellow all through the years. Roger Newton told me John Deere Yellow. Mike Cathey built a 68 checkerboard bardahl, he might know. Al Hobbs has that boat now.
I wish I could remember. I believe it was a PPG chrome yellow. You can check it out on My Gallery. Tried to look at old photos, but due to different types of film the yellow varied widely from photo to photo. Brought it to the Unlimiteds Northwest banquet right after it was painted and Schumacher was the speaker. He thought the color was very close.

Sure was an awesome running boat but I didn't have the heart to see it get killed in a race.

whee, I was afraid to post about the jd colors here, know how that goes sometimes!!?!;-) , but those work and I have used them before, one jd green matches oberto boat colors also. and farmall/case tractor and Chrysler pr4 code for red. this is scarry!!

The 67 Barhdal paint code for yellow is Dupont Imron #54701. I believe that the 68 had the same yellow with the checkers painted over it. The yellow on these boats was a very pale yellow and it is hard to match sometimes.

I'm with larry.............We are also in need of that olive green color on the 67 Bardahl..............I believe Oliver Douglas had that boat with the proper color

re imron #5283 . that number could just be a mixing color . ran into that on a white, figured it out when I went to the imron store because they couldn't figure it out. the number was the white mixing with no other color in it .

I was just reporting what was on the drawing. Here is the pic of the drawing. Dan may be right about it being a code for mixing with white. I built this boat 20 years ago and was able to get paint using these numbers back then.

bardahl paint codes.JPG

Latest posts

Back