Miller High Life Scale (1/8)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

Looking for pictures of rear wing supports. This is my first 1/8 scale scratch-build Newton Plans, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Also approximately where should the balance point be at? In front of or behind the turn fin?

Thanks.

Bob Miller

You should balance right about the center of the skid fin or roughly 1.5" behind the sponson. REMEMBER, THIS IS ONLY A STARTING POINT AND YOUR BOAT MAY RUN BETTER MOVING THE CG FORWARD OR AFT. If your boat is tail heavy, attach stick on weights to the deck at the front of the sponsons till you get the boat dialed in, adding or removing weight till the boat runs the way you want it to. If it's nose heavy but behind the sponson transom, I'd run it and see what happens. As with an airplane, slightly nose heavy is preferable to tail heavy for initial test runs

From what i have read and been told, either side, there isn't a avadange to one side or the other. We turn oppisite of the really boat so i would do the oppisite what they do.

Tom

From what i have read and been told, either side, there isn't a avadange to one side or the other. We turn oppisite of the really boat so i would do the oppisite what they do.Tom
thanks for the info .i have a speedmaster and a octura rudder, which one would be a better choice?

I am a little curious as to why the glass was used inside the sponsons on the Squire build? From what I've always been told, that's just added weight and a hindrance in doing repairs to the sponsons. Could you please fill me in a little on the rational besides the more strength

Latest posts

Back