Mc Coy MC 9 plugs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark couty

I think I am asking about the right plug. Why do so many people use these plugs ? How good will they work in a K&B .67 ?

Mark,

McCoy Plugs have always been recognized as a great plug in Scale Hydro. The Mc-9 is very reliable. We have been having some good luck with the Odonnel Blue Sport Plug also. The blues seem to go on sale more than the -9.

However, IMHO don't run a K&B .67. It takes alot of experience to keep a K&B running consistently and they just are not comparable to other inboards, specifically a CMB Greenhead .67.

Remember everyone, I said IMHO.

Bill

I understand what you are saying about the CMB. But on my budget, and since I already have a couple of K&B, well you get the picture. Thanks

I understand what you are saying about the CMB. But on my budget, and since I already have a couple of K&B, well you get the picture. Thanks
Mark, actually, the ol KABOOM isnt that bad of an engine if your just playin around, BUT they wont last long in a heavy scale boat if you run em on the edge..try to contact Rod Geraghty as he knows how to make em live longer and run good..are they brand new engines? I remember him telling me that clearancing the rod is important.....dont know whats out there for parts either....i run MC-9 plugs most of the time because they seem to be the easiest to get, but i like K&B HP plugs also....you will find that EVERONE has differing opinions on glow plugs! :)

Bill, I have both a brand new and a couple of used K&B .67. I am not sure if i could handle the motor work myself, but if someone wants to rework them for me, I would be glad to pay a reasonable fee. I have no one in my area that are familiar with these engines that could teach me how to do this. I would be eager to learn. I will send you pics later in the week of what I have, I already talked to Bob about doing the same thing. Are 3 heads better than 1. LOL. I also sent you a message at your E Mail address. Mark.

mark, contact rod geraghty here on IW. rod knows k&b's as well as, or better than anybody around B) . when someone starts talking about trueing rods, squareing cases, & such, well 'nuff said. he talks like he's building a NHRA pro stock motor! excellent work at a very reasonable price. call him at 715-926-6096, i think a short chat (if there is any such thing with hot rod :lol: ) will convince you.

Latest posts

Back