Maus sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jose barreiro

I need people's opinion on a Maus sport 40. Does it run good ?? It's just for a play boat nothing else

JB

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran 1 in the 90's they do real good if you set it up right > I have been looking for 1 for a year now ..

I ran this hull in the late 90's also... IMO, it was an awesome hull... I could test my spt 40 in a hurricane when i had to shelf all the other boats.... there are a few guys on the forum even now, that knew/did modifications to the hull, ( i forget), and made it even better... with the then available silver picco 45's in mine, keeping an engine together sought issue.... mine set up easily... idk... ran great.. with todays hulls, thomas, blazer, and whatnot and the engines gaining, idk where itd stack up.... spt 40 waned a little10 years ago, badly, and i let the hull pass, now its coming on again... its a great class, and i enjoyed getting my butt handed to me by Kenny Stang and Phil for years... lol.... up to you... it builds well.... Mike

hold on to your socks.. this is unfortunately a very expensive hobby.. That last 5-8 mph will really cost you!

and if your new to the hobby like your said ,.. LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN to most of the people on this site. they will keep you from wasting a lot of time and money on things that will not work or will not be competitive.

Especially on props and pipes and setups for a particular combination..

and if your new to the hobby like your said ,.. LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN to most of the people on this site. they will keep you from wasting a lot of time and money on things that will not work or will not be competitive.

Especially on props and pipes and setups for a particular combination..
Thanks brother.

Jose,

If you want a sport-40 that is easy to set up, will run great and win you some races.

I would look into a Phil Thomas Sport-40, power with a CMB RS45 or CMB VAC45. If you find one used or a new one from Phil I would be more than happy to help you through the build.

Something to think about, as the Maus Sport-40 (from what I have heard) does not like to turn well. And that is where races are won or lost.

Also, Steve Peterson makes a Dang nice Sport-40 also.

I would have to agree Rick...can't beat a Phil Thomas supersport 45! I would search the "for sale" section...I saw a decent SS 45 hull there not too long ago.

Good luck, Bob

I think Alan Terry has a Phil Thomas ss 45 for sale...he's getting out of the hobby. He's on this site and Jim's selling all his stuff. He knows how to make stuff run very well! It would be RTR...check with him.

Bob

289 dollars for just the hull is way too much
http://rcmarinedesigns.20megsfree.com/sport40.htm

default_rolleyes.gif

That may be an old ad...is that company still is biz?
I ordered a hull from Dave Rippie at Hyperformance earlier this year, got a nice epoxy hull in less than two weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
289 dollars for just the hull is way too much
http://rcmarinedesigns.20megsfree.com/sport40.htm

default_rolleyes.gif

That may be an old ad...is that company still is biz?
I ordered a hull from Dave Rippie at Hyperformance earlier this year, got a nice epoxy hull in less than two weeks.

That old RC Marine designs page is obsolete. Hull cost is $325 for many years now.

Go to Phil Thomas Hydros. http://www.metimeliverc.com/HobbyShop/PhilThomasHydros/tabid/236/agentType/View/PropertyID/16/Default.aspx

Latest posts

Back