Madison race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They rescheduled a bunch. The river is up quite a bit. Hopefully the rain eases up. I know the west coast sure could use the rain.

Ouch i have passes but im goin to be sure they are racing before i make the drive

This is what is on the regatta website as of right now:

Madison, IN: The Madison Regatta Board of Directors announced today that recent heavy rain in the Ohio Valley has necessitated a schedule change for Friday’s (July 5) activity on the river. All Lucas Oil Madison Regatta H1 Unlimited hydroplane testing and qualifying will be moved to Saturday (July 6). This change will not affect events scheduled on the riverfront and those located at other non-river venues. H1 Unlimited hydroplane testing, qualifying, and heat racing will commence Saturday morning (July 6).

All scheduled Lucas Oil Madison Regatta activities and events can be accessed at the regatta web site (madisonregatta.com) as well as information regarding event admission and directions to the race site.

This was posted on Tuesday so at this point, it's hurry up and wait. Hopefully, things work out so it doesn't need to be rescheduled.

Last edited by a moderator:
From my past experience the Regatta will be reluctant to cancel the race until the last minute. I have sat baking in miserable heat for an entire Saturday and not a word from race officials until almost 4pm about cancellation. Ive been going to Madison Regatta since 1970, but that episode left a bad taste, havent been back since. So, take that for what its worth.

Latest word is the river is going to crest early Sunday morning so it's still "hurry up and wait" :blink:

They rescheduled a bunch. The river is up quite a bit. Hopefully the rain eases up. I know the west coast sure could use the rain.
Samuel- you got that right- after about two weeks of 100 degree temps here in Sacramento any rain would be welcome. Well actually the high temps started about a month ago when the H-1's were here.

Go look at h1's website they are still planning on getting boats on the water sat. May be dicey but they still plan on running.

No racing today. They opened the gates and admission is free but you only get to see parked boats. Looks like I'll be scrapping cabinets today and tomorrow.

Yep the Cranes are gone, it's a shame I was looking forward to it, but now I have time to repaint my RTR, and work on the Sport 40.

Back