MAC tuned pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone run macs tuned pipes on sport 40's?
i have a pt sprt 40 with a cmb rs 45 and have had a andy brown pipe 45xt in it and did not like it,put in a mac pipe,what differnce,love it.also have the same motor & pipe in my seaducer mono,love the combination..just my 2 cents.

Griz,

We have had success with the MACS muffled Marine pipe on Sport 40s with CMB RS also. Try 10 3/4" from cylinder center to high point of pipe - start long and slowly shorten pipe. It's a lot easier to trim slowly then add length after cutting too short. The MACS Marine 7.5 works well with for us on the CMB RS. I have even played with some of the MACs Aero pipes (7.5 and 8.5) on Sport 40s, but they are generally too short for boats and require a extension to the header. Consider Rum Racing (www.rumracingproducts.co) tip muffler on the non muffled pipes. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson

Hello, I have a OPS .45 in my sport 40 that I just put a mac pipe on and all I can say is that boat came alive for me. I am also running the same pipe in my roadrunner rigger with a gold head cmb .45 and both boats and engines love it.

Just my .02

Roy

Griz,

They work very well once you get the stinger sized correctly.

They tend to run a little longer than other pipes on the market.

The west coast guys love them.

Have Fun Testing Pipes,

Mark Sholund

Mark, what do you mean about the stinger end size? is the stock pipe too big in diamater or length? where should it be?

Roy

MACS Products tuned pipes:

Many people on the West Coast are running Macs Products AIRPLANE 60 tuned pipe on thier Picco 45's (blackhead, silver head, bluehead and P-45). Not to be confused with the Macs Products 7.5 MARINE tuned pipe. If you are in a ditrict where the competition does not force you into a crawl start, I would think a 7.5 MARINE tuned pipe might be a good choice. West Coasters with audio clocks and crawl starts to gain lane 1 seem to prefer the 60 size airplane pipe. Of course one will see a smattering of just about every pipe on a few boats. The 60 size airplane pipe appears to the untrained eye like a 7.5 airplane pipe. The angles are the same but the 60 size has a max dia of 1 5/8 and a large flat section and the 7.5 airplane pipe has a max dia of 1 1/2 and a large flat section, the lead-in pipe and stinger sizes are bigger on the 60 size. The 8.5 is basically a 60 airplane without a flat section and the 6.5 is a 7.5 without the flat section. Go to the site MACSPRO.com to see pictures. Rudy

Back