Looking for some pics of the 1993 Miss Rock

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duck899

Hi all, I'm looking for some pics of the 1993 Miss Rock and wondering if anyone has any to share?

thanks in advance.....

Hey Rob,

Only appeared in Madison, Kansas City and Tri-Cities as Miss Rock. One from Tri-Cities race, and a couple as Coors Light I took in San Diego. These pics are for the MHR 9399 hull. CHEERS !!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the 93 Rock paint scheme. I have an older 1/8th scale Leland hull I'm considering sanding down and painting as the 93 Rock. Didn't McDonald's help sponsor this hull under that paint scheme as well? Here is a pic I found in the Intlwaters archives...under Mike Cathey's gallery. Cheers Mike! Hope this boat saw better days after this pic was taken :(

http://www.intlwater...lery&image=3590

As bad as this may sound, that was the only "Rock" that I liked the paint scheme on. It was a shame that Jack Barrie had to shut it down in Seattle due to a gear box failure as, if I remember right, it didn't get to race that weekend

As crashes go, that one was fairly gentle. Don't think I've seen that footage before, I do remember seeing Jack being towed in while driving a turbine "Rock" on a qualifying run

What happened did the turn fin let go? Looks like he was decelerating then all of a sudden she pitched to the right then got ugly.Those drivers have nerves I tell ya.

Last edited:
I love the shot at the end showing Fred Leland assessing the damage and pulling out a bunch of seaweed. God Bless him :)

They said a rudder cable broke.....no rudder control basicly...near the end when the hull is upside down you can see the rudder and turn fin still there.

They said a rudder cable broke.....no rudder control basicly...near the end when the hull is upside down you can see the rudder and turn fin still there.
When it does that I bet its gotta be a "sinking" feeling that comes over a driver . Geez!

I think powerless would be a better word for it. How would you feel if you were driving along and, when you came to a corner, you couldn't turn?

Back