Looking for geared twin hardware

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimv

I'm in the process of building another geared twin rigger. The setup used by John Bridge, many years ago. I'm just putting out feelers to see if anyone is sitting on some hardware (gears, collets, housings, mounts...) that they would like to find a new home for.

Some time ago I purchased Ron Walker's hardware, engines, and boat. I know there were a few others out there who made attempts at this.

I built one in the 80's with mixed success. A brain fart has pushed me that way again.

My goals are to get it running to start with. Make it reliable first. later, down the road, I'll go into engine mods to see how fast it can go. I mostly just want to have some fun (twisted way to have some fun).

Jim Vota

Contact Richard Zimmerman out of Memphis he is the only one I know that was working with something like that. his e-mail is [email protected]

I'm in the process of building another geared twin rigger. The setup used by John Bridge, many years ago. I'm just putting out feelers to see if anyone is sitting on some hardware (gears, collets, housings, mounts...) that they would like to find a new home for.

Some time ago I purchased Ron Walker's hardware, engines, and boat. I know there were a few others out there who made attempts at this.

I built one in the 80's with mixed success. A brain fart has pushed me that way again.

My goals are to get it running to start with. Make it reliable first. later, down the road, I'll go into engine mods to see how fast it can go. I mostly just want to have some fun (twisted way to have some fun).

Jim Vota

easyst way is with 2 outboard powerheads

start it from one flywheal. pto shafts in the k&b 7.5 and 2 strong bairings just need to make the box if your good with it. it can fit between 5in stringers. www.minigears.com make some good ones or rondson gears in melbourne australia have made them for me before. i recomend running a 1in output gear and 2 1.5in gears on the input shafts there is nouthing like 6hp and 50000 rpm at the prop.

can be done and dont give up like i did.

Latest posts

Back