Looking for a 8401 fiberglass cowling set

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Douglas P Shepherd

I am looking for a set of fiberglass cowling for 1/8 scale # 8401 Atlas Van lines project. If anybody has anything let me know.

Thanks Doug Shepherd

Doug, there are 3 different versions of that cowl, all just a little different with the leading and bottom edge, I'll sent some pictures, you will need to make all the "vanes" and place them accordingly, bit of a pain but one of my favorite hulls of the modern era.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have started on this boat twice and have stopped for one reason or another over the years. I am building a wood 1/8 scale prototype hull with fiberglass cowls this time around. But will be doing a set of molds to make a complete 1/8 scale and 1/6 #8401 composite hull over the next year or so. Joe any pic that you may have to shear would be great.I have the cowlings almost completed in Cad form but need more close detailed pics to finish up the cad model up. Then it will be off to the cnc mill to cut the molds for the cowls. I have cut several of my plugs using cnc equipment but this will be the fist set of molds I have made going route.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back