Looking for 1992 Tide paint codes.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orange is HOC NE504 Red.

The rest is a little fuzzy

Yellow is a medium yellow, maybe color match your graphics if you can?

White is white?

Here are the colors that Roger gave me some time ago. I'm sure they will need to be matched up with current numbers

SEM Spotlite Red #3228

Sikkens Yellow #3297

Sikkens Blue #48462

No number for white

Orange is HOC NE504 Red.

The rest is a little fuzzy

Yellow is a medium yellow, maybe color match your graphics if you can?

White is white?
White is white .... LOL! My paint supplier told me a while back there are more variations of white and black than any other color. :eek:
white is about as tough as it gets to match. especially on cars and trucks.

i would get a white mixing color, dont put anything with it and use it that way. you wont have any issues then . just remember what the mixing color # is for the brand you are using. then, white will be white!

imron, i use 555u white.

Gotta love that "white is white" :lol:

On the various color sheets I have at home, there must be 5 or 6 different whites listed though the 555U is the most common as it's on three boats IIRC. That reminds me, I need to see about matching white paint to my 90 Trans Am. So far, a body shop painter and I have found no less than 10 different whites on it due to a former owner that shot paint on it any time he found a scratch or chip. Anyone know of a good stripper that will take off multiple kinds of paint :eek:

If you are doing the dayglow version a lot of guys around here have found that the House of Color paint is quite a bit cheaper than other brands.
Are you saying there are two different colors for the orange on the Tide?

If so do you know if the '92 was:

A. HOC NE504 Red

B. SEM Spotlite Red #3228

C. Other?

As far as major variations, my research to this point gives me this timeline:

1992 All Tide logos for 1992 and previous have a red dot in the 'i'

-The boat is pictured with Tide logos on the front sponson tops and ran w/ and without a Scoop Extension

-There appear to be rear sponsons inside the tunnel similar to stumble blocks on a model tunnel hull.

-There is a picture of it with no scoop extension and the entire right sponson ripped off.

- '92 driver was George Woods

1993-94 All Tide logos 1993 and after have a Blue dot like the rest of the text.

-The boat is pictured with Tide logos on the front sponson tops and ran w/ and without a Scoop Extension

- Shoes are clearly shown, and protrude out past the non-trip wall.

- '93 Driver is George Woods

- '94 driver was Nate Brown for at least the gold cup. Picture shows no scoop extension, no tide logos on the front sponson tops, and a very blurry Nate Brown as the driver.

1992_U-8_Tide_Hull_8808-380x250.jpg

U-8 Tide.jpg

The 92 the one I'm going for. I just wanted an idea of the color/codes, I'm going to get over the counter paint and match it close enough. It's going on a Miss Vegas so I'm not trying to get exact. Not for an RtR. Thank you for the colors guys.

If you are doing the dayglow version a lot of guys around here have found that the House of Color paint is quite a bit cheaper than other brands.

A. HOC NE504 Red

C. Other?

-There appear to be rear sponsons inside the tunnel similar to stumble blocks on a model tunnel hull.

-There is a picture of it with no scoop extension and the entire right sponson ripped off.

1993-94 All Tide logos 1993 and after have a Blue dot like the rest of the text.

- '94 driver was Nate Brown for at least the gold cup. Picture shows no scoop extension, no tide logos on the front sponson tops, and a very blurry Nate Brown as the driver.
Our club's trash trophy has a large piece of the right sponson that you are talking about that blew a big chunk of the deck off in Tri-Cities and it is definitely a day glow orange (or used to be-that stuff fades after a while). I have no idea what the actual codes are. If you can get in touch with Dave Hawley he would know. I'm not sure he looks at this as he is out of model boating.

A. HOC NE504 Red

C. Other?

Our club's trash trophy has a large piece of the right sponson that you are talking about that blew a big chunk of the deck off in Tri-Cities and it is definitely a day glow orange (or used to be-that stuff fades after a while). I have no idea what the actual codes are. If you can get in touch with Dave Hawley he would know. I'm not sure he looks at this as he is out of model boating.
Thanks!

Gotta love that "white is white" :lol:

On the various color sheets I have at home, there must be 5 or 6 different whites listed though the 555U is the most common as it's on three boats IIRC. That reminds me, I need to see about matching white paint to my 90 Trans Am. So far, a body shop painter and I have found no less than 10 different whites on it due to a former owner that shot paint on it any time he found a scratch or chip. Anyone know of a good stripper that will take off multiple kinds of paint :eek:
low oder aircraft coating paint remover. car quest, paint refinish stores. gallon about $43.00 around here ( n w ohio)

Back