Lauterbach Plans? drop sponson plans?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddieh

gents I have a crazy idea to make a 1/8th scale 266 or 7 liter hydro to use as my p-sport, I figure it will come out at 30 inches,

I was trying to find a source for plans I tried to contact lauterbach boats and the gentleman on the museum site but so far no replies, I did find plans from clark craft but 80 bucks is steep, for model plans? so I am continuing my quest, anybody have any other sources thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
gents I have a crazy idea to make a 1/8th scale 266 or 7 liter hydro to use as my p-sport, I figure it will come out at 30 inches, I was trying to find a source for plans I tried to contact lautenberg boats and the gentleman on the museum site but so far no replies, I did find plans from clark craft but 80 bucks is steep, for model plans? so I am continuing my quest, anybody have any other sources thanks in advance
I am designing a 54" Lauterbach GP boat. Plans and kits will be available. Not sure if we are going to do a boat only 30" long.

gents I have a crazy idea to make a 1/8th scale 266 or 7 liter hydro to use as my p-sport, I figure it will come out at 30 inches, I was trying to find a source for plans I tried to contact lautenberg boats and the gentleman on the museum site but so far no replies, I did find plans from clark craft but 80 bucks is steep, for model plans? so I am continuing my quest, anybody have any other sources thanks in advance
I am designing a 54" Lauterbach GP boat. Plans and kits will be available. Not sure if we are going to do a boat only 30" long.

thanks for the reply brian, what scale would that be? (1/4 scale?) I thought the boats were only around 18-21 FT?

I know I know 30 inch is small for you guys, but with the current power for electric we need to move our boats up in size, my last p- sport ( 14.4 v) was only 24-25 inches, now that is suitable for 6 cells or 2s lipo power

I just ordered a new phil thomas shovel, I have the griffon bud and I built a velasko hull into a bud, so i was looking for something a little smaller to run, and I love mahagony and drop sponsons, I plan to cast a 1/8th scale chevy motor, and I make 1/8th scale drivers so it made sense...

your boats have a very High reputation with the FE guys already, so I will certainly look for the kit, but I NEED to build this one in 1/8th.... :p

thanks for the reply brian, what scale would that be? (1/4 scale?) I thought the boats were only around 18-21 FT?

I know I know 30 inch is small for you guys, but with the current power for electric we need to move our boats up in size, my last p- sport ( 14.4 v) was only 24-25 inches, now that is suitable for 6 cells or 2s lipo power

I just ordered a new phil thomas shovel, I have the griffon bud and I built a velasko hull into a bud, so i was looking for something a little smaller to run, and I love mahagony and drop sponsons, I plan to cast a 1/8th scale chevy motor, and I make 1/8th scale drivers so it made sense...

your boats have a very High reputation with the FE guys already, so I will certainly look for the kit, but I NEED to build this one in 1/8th.... :p
Hmmmmmmmm! Ever thought of trying www.Newtonmarine. I heard he has a few Lauterbach hulls there. Just a thought!!!!

Geez Roger I didn't think you had lauterbach plans, not for the smaller boats or the GP boats, I need to order the paint sheet for the chrysler crew anyway will send you an email... thanks, for the help.!!

Brian, that would be good. Rogers plans are, not too far, from that size now, if I recall correctly. But I wanted to make them a little larger for a gas boat. Keep me posted on the progress of the Lauterbach. I would be interested in getting a hull....

Back