l/f circus circus paint codes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob williams

in need of paint codes for the circus circus pinks i found some but whent to the paint shop and the # was no longer any good this is what i have thanks for your help rob

WP_001662.jpg

Rob...you have to take those to an automotive paint supplier and have them mixed. BTW you are welcome.

Rob...you have to take those to an automotive paint supplier and have them mixed. BTW you are welcome.
venom i did yesterday they said the # were no good any more dupont change the # he check ppg also no luck thanks for the info.. rob

Gents

Just spoke with my local Dupont supplier. Finish Masters

And yes, the codes supplied are the old Imron toner numbers,, but a paint supplier "SHOULD" be able to convert those numbers to the new Dupont Elite codes and hook you right up.

My folks said they would probably be able to convert to the new Nason Shop line, which is much less expensive than Dupont Imron.

I have been using the Nason urathane clear 497-00 with great success,, its somewhere around $28.00 to $32.00 a quart

Rob, look up Finish Masters, they are all over the U.S.

I talked to the guys at Wesco Auto body Supply in Everett WA and was told that all they have to do is punch in the color number for an Imron color or scan a paint sample from the book, enter the type of paint is being used and the output of the system is the formula for mixing the color in the requested product. Not all supply companies have the equipment to do this. Another issue could be you're giving them a formula rather than a paint number and it may be causing them problems

I talked to the guys at Wesco Auto body Supply in Everett WA and was told that all they have to do is punch in the color number for an Imron color or scan a paint sample from the book, enter the type of paint is being used and the output of the system is the formula for mixing the color in the requested product. Not all supply companies have the equipment to do this. Another issue could be you're giving them a formula rather than a paint number and it may be causing them problems
Mark,

That is what Rob is supplying them with,, the formula in the first post..

I printed it out, called Finish Master and they knew what I was talking about.

Sounds to me like Rob is dealing with a small supply house

I was thinking roughly the same thing. I know many of the paint supply houses can mix and match almost any color you could ever need. When I went into Wesco with color sheet for the MissTechnicolor, I was told they could do every color on the boat using PPG, even though the color numbers were for Imron. I reconsidered when I heard what it was going to cost for the minimum quantity of each of the 13 colors it was going to take to paint the boat. That being said, it could also be that he was dealing with an inexperienced sales clerk. Been there done that with auto parts, new clerk that didn't know how to use the system and repeatedly tried to sell me the wrong parts :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
O.k here are the Dupont Chromapremier paint numbers that I used on Bert Dygerts CIrcus scale hull last year in base coat/clear coat

Doug Shepherd .

# 843314F Alt 2 Dark pink

# 819795F Alt 1 Med Pink

# 819786F Alt1 Light Pink

# 396817F Alt1 Blue

Logann's Pictures 51211 024.JPG

Last edited:
Back