K B in a sport 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Slater

Supporting Member
Ok just as soon as you get done laughing :lol:

there will be more to come iam shure

can you use a header that goes over the KB adapter

would like it to go up 1/2'' then level off

if so what kind an where can i get it

this is the first time with a inboard

there will be me questions later

yes i know you are using a Kboom with all these hotter motors out there

more laughs to come later

thank you

Marty

We made numerous different headers for the K & B motors, find a place that sells refrigeration type copper fittings and get a 180 degree return fitting in 1/2 inch. you can fit this to a flat flange made from copper also, and rotate the piece up and around to what ever angle you need and saw off the part you don't need. Use 15% silver solder to attach to the flange. I'm sure there's a bunch of them in boxes that someone would part with.

We made numerous different headers for the K & B motors, find a place that sells refrigeration type copper fittings and get a 180 degree return fitting in 1/2 inch. you can fit this to a flat flange made from copper also, and rotate the piece up and around to what ever angle you need and saw off the part you don't need. Use 15% silver solder to attach to the flange. I'm sure there's a bunch of them in boxes that someone would part with.
Bruce, he doesnt need a 190 headers, as its the old drum rotor motor, so the exhaust is rear exhaust anyhow. He just needs to get a straight header.

thanks Chris,Mike Bruce it just seams that there is to big a gap about 3'' between the header an pipe

was looking for some more options

the Macs looks about right

thanks again

Marty

Marty... You'll have to make one from light steel and a copper pipe... ( same as for the outboard mod pipe, ) I've found that common silver solder will not take the heat from the motor, and this has to be brazed... I've a small Oxy/acetylyne kit for this purpose, and we'll make it if need be.... OR, cut the pipe offa the magic muffler I give ya, and use that! Hang tight, I'll call, less the phone is down in Marion....... mike

Latest posts

Back