• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

K&B 13mm crank water cooled power head

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precision Boats

K&B 13mm crank water cooled power head

I have a 13 mm w/c K&B powerhead in great shape. Has strong compression an all bearings are good. Motor is real clean. Has black carb. Piston an sleeve look real good. I will take $75.00 for it. Don't have the foot or the muffler coupler. Nothing has been cut on inside of motor,crank,piston,etc.

Tim

PB Racing

www.precisionboatsracing.com

e-mail [email protected]

Re:K&B 13mm crank water cooled power head

Who me? I have 3 K&Bs after this purchase. One's a pile of parts, and one I have already ran for about 1/2 hour. That old thing from the thread "check out my new K&B". Remember, the one with the swimsuit model in the background? How could anyone forget? Runs good, but needs high nitro.

This will be my only 13mm crank.

In a way, this will only give me a second "complete" engine.

Hi Jeff,

Congrats on your new motor - your still a few short of me but hey that's OK. You will need to swap the head - the one in the picture has an early non-machined short reach plug head. Swap to a later long reach plug head if you've got one. If not you can buy them from most dealers about $10 I think.

Have fun and while you're at it you might want to drop the head clearance to 0.008thou. Will go much better.

GT 8)

i was only joking ;)

Have fun with it mate...i hope to get out and use my boat tomorrow :eek:

Kris

btw GTare you going to sell them one day, or atre you too attached and want to keep them already? ;) just curious :p

If it has got the short button I think they did not build it with the 13mm. If it has the 13mm then it is a cobbled together motor. It definetly has a very old water jacket. It predates me. When I started racing they were all polished aluminum. No need to swap the head just run two plug washers. You may even be able to find some plugs somewhere. Some of the old LHS have them laying around. My kids motor is the old 12mm and I have half a card of short plugs. She makes it through the whole racing season on one.

Mike

The head was polished aluminum I sand blasted it. So it is not old. The motor is not gobbled together. The plugs will be fine if you run two washers. The head clearance is already set by me. This is a very tight an good motor thought about keeping it myself.

Tim ;D

Thanks guys, I will run two worcestershires for the plug. Tim told me about how he did a considerable amount of work to it, and that's just the way he is, going through everything like that. If he didn't do it before he sold it to me, that would be the first thing I would do when it got

into my hands.

Precision Boats Racing has a reputation that speaks for itself! And I don't care if you think I'm kissin up! That's why I buy stuff from him, because that's what I would have done if I were in his shoes.

Thanks fellas,

Jeff

...and Happy Easter to all of you, and Thank You for looking out for me, Mike.

I just checked K&B. They have the 1S in stock. That is the short plug. I did not mean it in a bad way that they were cobbled together. It just looked like you had the short head on the 13mm motor. Two different motor parts from two different motors. I have seen several older motors that had the short skeg with a brushed aluminum water jacket.

Mike

Latest posts

Back