John Olson of RCUnlimiteds wins it all at COLUMBIA CUP TRI CITIES

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Brandt

Vendor
Congratulaions go out to John in his 1st win in 1/8 Scale Nitro with the RCUnlimiteds BUT he also took home the first place hardware in the 1/6 scale Gas class.

Mike McKnight and his son Preston traveled from CA to race with us at an event that is held in conjunction with the H1 Unlimited Circuit stop in the Tri-Cities WA. We were also joined by Canadians Paul Omerzu and Mike Lakusta along with five gentleman flying in all the way from New Zealand. It was great to see Merv and Co. again.

Congrats again to John Olson. He beat a tough and competitive field.

Bill, how did our guests from NZ do? I talked with them last week at Twin Lakes when they joined UNW for their race.

382399_10101381560997588_1386118165_n.jpgThanks Everyone, This event is our largest of the year by far. We had 38 1/8 scales from around the world. Literaly. With 7 1/6 Gas Scales. The compitetion is very tough in both classes. A special thanks to the Tri-Cities Waterfollies for such a great event all around. From our R/C boats to the Unlimited's and the GP's This town puts on one heck of show.

Nice Job John! Wish we could have been more in the race. I definitely didn't have the right setup. Way different than the last time I was there. My son was a little overwhelmed with his first time but he definitely wants to come back. Thanks to all the guys up there for talking tips and tricks with us. Picked up a couple things for next time. Very cool putting faces with all the names and talking boats big and small. Thanks for being such good hosts.

Congrats John! It was really nice meeting you, even tho it was short! Looks like your boats run just as great as they look!! Talk soon, Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
It was great to meet you guys. Both Mikes and Preston. Excellent Lazer cutting and Excellent Graphics. Thanks for what you guys do for our sport. Hope you all can make the trip again next year. John

Back