Is the U-25 Superior Racing an old T Plus hull?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me what happened to the old 93-95 T-Plus hulls? I miss them

Steve harvey bought it and ran it a few more years with the deck filled in. Same basic paint job. When they limited the power of the turbines, this style of vented hull couldn't keep up. Same with the Bud t-4. so they filled in the deck and kept more air under it.

Harvey then ran his new orange boat and this T-plus hull sat. Does anyone know the rest of the story??

Brian

I helped my dad when he was crewed on the boat... lets see if I can get it straight. In 1996 Ken bought Jim Harvey's back up hull which is hull roster number 8200 (the full wing boat, not the 2 wing). Ken ran it until 1998, when in San Diego he flipped and tore off one sponson among other extensive damage. In 1999 Ken ran a new hull built by Rick Campbell. In 2001 Ken bought the 9031 hull, (Circus Circus, Truckgear) and ran that until was sold to Kevin Alesworth at the end of the 2005 race season (by the way he never told the crew he was doing this, my dad, who was crew chief at the time found out when they were doing a photo shoot with Kevin after the race in San Diego ended). The next year Ken bought the 9302 T-Plus 2 wing, which was converted to fill in the main wing. This is the boat he is currently campaigning. Going back to 8200 hull, after the crash in 1998 the boat was sold to John Goodman and was restored to its original state as the 1982 Atlas Van Lines.

From what I've heard, Harvey folded up his shop and sold out to "Doc" Muskatell, who ran the orange boat the last few years. I don't know if the sale included the 9302 or not, which Harvey bought as a new hull. I can do some checking and find out. As for the 8200 hull, which was the former T-Plus, it was converted back into it's original configuration as the Atlas by a crew working with the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum which is now on display at the HARM as a running boat

According to the Mater Hull Roster, the 9302 ran from 1993 until 2002 for Harvey, running last as the U-25 in 2007. I'm assuming Muskatell still has it, but I'll need to verify that before saying it's "gospel"

Last edited by a moderator:
wow guys, great info! The T-Plus 2-wing hull is my all-time favorite boat, I wish I'd been into hydroplane racing back when this boat was campaigned as t plus :(

Back