info needed on winglets

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ww29

what is the best to use to hold the winglets on to the hull.i am going to use nylon bolts so they can break away if fliped.

what is the best to use to hold the winglets on to the hull.i am going to use nylon bolts so they can break away if fliped.
If you're talking about the uprights or "verticals" I'm attaching a link to my gallery that shows how mine will attach. These are 1/8 aluminum w/ lightening holes drilled in them. I cut slots in the hull and used epoxy to attach to the bottom and top of the hull. My verticals are held on w/ nylon bolts and nuts.Vertical Brackets

thanks rich. its for my 1/10 scale twin wing budweiser im building.converting it for 45 mac.its the hydro and marine hull

thanks rich. its for my 1/10 scale twin wing budweiser im building.converting it for 45 mac.its the hydro and marine hull
Is that a sport 40 hull? Just curious. Also, Don Ferrette has some good pics of the construction of some of his 1/8 scales in his gallery. He shows the vertical mounting brackets as well.

Is that a sport 40 hull? Just curious. Also, Don Ferrette has some good pics of the construction of some of his 1/8 scales in his gallery. He shows the vertical mounting brackets as well.
Once you get the brackets mounted,drill the holes and tap them. And drill the holes on the inside of wings show the bolts wont show,you can even dye the bolts with rit dye for more effect..........Mikey

rich its for either electric or sport 40 but not legal for impba.i like the twin wing hull.the hull is at funedesignrc.com under hydro and marine.

there is not much room in the hull.i gotta build a custom radio box into the boat.

thanks mikey ill dye the bolts

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Don,i clicked on u name and tryed to bring up your blog and pics.it wouldnt let me.glad u posted it that way.were going to have fun with the sport 40 version.it dont need painted it comes in choice of white or red.i got the red it is real close to the right color.cant wait to see your scale version running.its top honors all ready.

Back