hunter hulls???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opio

i recently got what i was told to be a hunter hull. i know nothing about it beside its an 1/8 scale and look very well made. any of you guys know much about this hull? ill try and get some pics up later today. oh and i did do a search here about "hunter hulls" and didnt come up with much.

i recently got what i was told to be a hunter hull. i know nothing about it beside its an 1/8 scale and look very well made. any of you guys know much about this hull? ill try and get some pics up later today. oh and i did do a search here about "hunter hulls" and didnt come up with much.
Got a pic?

Got a pic?
Like to see a pic as well, not familiar with that one. :unsure:

well i just went to my dads he has the hull i forgot to get pics so he is going to be e-mailing them to me. i did learn from the guy i bought it from that it was about a 400$ hull and the one i bought was one of his last. the molds were sold and im now not sure who has them, remember this is just the info i was told thats why im askin yall cause i bet someone here knows the real deal. ill get pics up asap!!!

Jeff Hunter was his full name great guy. His hulls where very well built. I would hold on to that with clutched hands! Jeff Hunter is the person that made all the molds that Troy Mac. bought and started his business with. A friend of mine Doug Shepherd had a Hunter hull (88 Circus if I remember right) and ran it for a few years. The boat was a very good performer! All of this took place in the 80's. The guy's from RCU should remember and know Jeff. Hope this helps.

hey thanks gale54 that was kinda the story i was told, glad i wasnt to far off!

My son's 88 Miller hull was originally a Jeff Hunter hull. It still had the tag with the original build date with his signature in 1988 in the bottom of the tub. When I rebuilt the boat I had to cut the bottom of the tub out because after numerous rebuilds it was so thick it was about 2lbs all by itself. I kept the section with the tag though. Most of his original stuff was matte glass with gelcoat construction. Not sure what he was building when he sold everything to Troy. I heard the molds are now in the hands of a former RCU member in Texas that is re-working them. Not sure when or if we'll see anything from them though.

Back