Hull weight? Sport 40 and 1/8th Scale?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the middle of fitting the hardware on a wood sport 40, and mine is coming in at 3lb 6oz. This is bare hull, but without the cowl. Interior of the hull is sealed, but exterior is raw wood. The cowl weighs roughly 12 oz. I'm unsure how much weight will be added once the exterior is sealed, but that's where I'm at with the sport 40. I have an RC Boat Company scale being mailed tomorrow (Monday) and can weigh that once received, too.

You would be well served if the finished weight, less fuel, is in the 12-14lb range for a scale boat. By the time you subtract engine w/exhaust, running gear, radio gear and the plumbing, you would be somewhere in the 6-10lb range. Of course, this range allows for a lot of variations in the build as some like to build a boat heaver than others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Order boats from ML and save time and fitting bulkheads, his kits just fit perfectly!! IMO

Brad
I'm doing that with a couple. He does make great Frame Kits. But I have a boat I would like to do on my own that was just like my dads. I've had the plans for 5 years and I have a Sport 40 I would like to on my own.

Latest posts

Back