Hull #9407

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Ashby

I couldn't find the measurements (scale) for this hull. They are not on my version of the master hull roster. It ran from 94 to 96 as the U-7. Also, if anybody has picture of the 96 U-7 Miss Spring Air Matress, Cost Less Carpet, or the International News, please post them. Thanks again y'all.

Hey Doug, I checked all the ones I have too and no measurements - anywhere. R/C Unlimited MHR does show Newton Plan #s for: 94 U-7 International News Plan #165A, 95 U-7 MISS APBA Plan #165B, and 96 U-7 Spring Air Matress Plan # 165C. Hope this helps, but without MHR measurements - - I see storm clouds on the Horizon. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson

As I recall, this hull was extra long...don't ask me why. But if so, then the standard Circus hull would not work.

FYI..

Brian

If there no measurments in the master hull roster then your Golden on what size you make it.. I building the Miss Pesp V and it also doesen't have any measurment..So I'am making it to fit with the standred size of 42 inches..So as long your in the ballpark you should be go to go..

If there no measurments in the master hull roster then your Golden on what size you make it.. I building the Miss Pesp V and it also doesen't have any measurment..So I'am making it to fit with the standred size of 42 inches..So as long your in the ballpark you should be go to go..
I believe the boat was 36' long. I will do some research on it and find out. It was orignally built for John Prevost and had four pontiac engine in it. Never ran in that confguration.

Last I saw it was rotting outside of the Evans shop in Chelan about 3-4 years ago.

HARROWING EXPERIENCE FOR SUBMERGED DRIVER AFTER FLIP

BY JIM MOORE P-I Reporter

Saturday, August 3, 1996

Section: Sports, Page: D5

Two drivers somersaulted during qualifying trials yesterday, one of them spending what must have been a horrifying couple of minutes submerged in his cockpit without oxygen.

Rick Christensen of Eatonville blew over the Miss Spring Air Mattress during qualifying for the Texaco Cup at Seafair unlimited hydroplane race about an hour after Phil Bononcini of Redmond toppled in his unlimited light boat, the Pocket Mechanic.

Christensen, a 41-year-old ((age)) rookie of the year candidate, suffered minor facial lacerations along with neck and back pain. Christensen was taken by ambulance to Harborview Medical Center for precautionary X-rays. He was still being evaulated and listed in satisfactory condition last night. Bononcini had a cut on his face and bruised his knee.

After going over, the hose to Christensen's air mask broke, leaving him underwater without oxygen until he was rescued.

``We had to detangle and pull him out," said Eric Steileau, director rescue operations for the Unlimited Hydroplane Racing Association. ``His face was a little blue."

The Spring Air Mattress split in half and looked more like wreckage than a racing hull.

Bononcini came out of it in better shape than his boat, which will not race this weekend.

Both boats went over entering the first turn on the south end of the two-mile course, the wind apparently surprising them on these always unpredictable waters.

I couldn't find the measurements (scale) for this hull. They are not on my version of the master hull roster. It ran from 94 to 96 as the U-7. Also, if anybody has picture of the 96 U-7 Miss Spring Air Matress, Cost Less Carpet, or the International News, please post them. Thanks again y'all.
I found 34' x 13' which would convert to 50-52" x 17.55-21.45. That's a big boat.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=312&pos=2 Miss International News

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=312&pos=3 Miss APBA

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=312&pos=4 Miss Buesler Enterprises

Last edited by a moderator:
I seen one source that said it was 36' and a few others that say 34'. Since the dimensions aren't listed in the hull roster either would work. 53"-55" long....that would be a huge scale eclipsing both the old Thriftway Too and Altas!

Harry is right,

It was a bigger boat built for John Prevost originally in 1987. It was supposed to be the 1988 Circus Circus. I have a pinback button that they were handing out that had a drawn picture of the boat with the 4 engines in it. The idea was eventually scrapped. John Prevost was dating Fran Muncey at the time and Circus Circus didn't like the boat so Fran had the Star Wars Miller American rebuilt with a new canopy and cowl. The U-7 has a really long aft deck and nose. I have video of it running I'll pull it up and see if it really looks that much bigger.

Back