Hughes SP40 Turn fin

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Anyone have a shot of a Hughes fin on a sport 40- the bracket is there, just need an idea where the fin sits in relation,to properly drill the holes.

Thanks , Andy

Anyone have a shot of a Hughes fin on a sport 40- the bracket is there, just need an idea where the fin sits in relation,to properly drill the holes.
Thanks , Andy
Andy, scroll down on the sport & scale forum to the thread about turn fin bracket thickness. Mike posted a link to pic's of a mutt with one of his fins on it

Thanks , Andy
Andy, scroll down on the sport & scale forum to the thread about turn fin bracket thickness. Mike posted a link to pic's of a mutt with one of his fins on it

Thanks Glen, that shot shows it with a single mount bolt :( is that enough ?? Most I have seen have 2 - or a shear bolt of sorts....

Andy

All my boats have two holes, but my friend has a whiplash and his seems to stay just fine with just one. Seems like that wouldn't be enough.

Cliff

All my boats have two holes, but my friend has a whiplash and his seems to stay just fine with just one. Seems like that wouldn't be enough.
Cliff
No biggie , it shows enough of where to mount it to work, just drill a hole in for the other one and be done- the package had a shear type bolt also so it will go in the rear. I like the idea of 2 better.

Thanks, Andy

Cliff
No biggie , it shows enough of where to mount it to work, just drill a hole in for the other one and be done- the package had a shear type bolt also so it will go in the rear. I like the idea of 2 better.

Thanks, Andy
What size was the shear bolt Andy? and is it brass? Thank's, Glenn

Cliff

Thanks, Andy
What size was the shear bolt Andy? and is it brass? Thank's, Glenn
Looks to be Glen, but I have decided on another option after some thought. Shear-RRR instead of Shear-EEE -LOL- ;) :eek: ;)

Once we get there , Im going to test the straight fin also- any input on straight fins on a SP40 GUYS ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Fin should sit about 2.5" below sponson. I leave the fins without any holes so those that want to, can do what ever they want to mount it. If you do a single bolt like I have, I center punch the bracket around the bolt hole. It helps keep the fin in place.

Mike

Fin should sit about 2.5" below sponson. I leave the fins without any holes so those that want to, can do what ever they want to mount it. If you do a single bolt like I have, I center punch the bracket around the bolt hole. It helps keep the fin in place. Mike
Same dimentions go for scale Mike? and is the sheer bolt brass 4-40?

Fin should sit about 2.5" below sponson. I leave the fins without any holes so those that want to, can do what ever they want to mount it. If you do a single bolt like I have, I center punch the bracket around the bolt hole. It helps keep the fin in place. Mike
Thanks Mike, I needed a pretty close depth measurement.

Nice looking fin by the way ;)

Andy

Approx depths

SP15 - 1.5"

SP20 - 2"

SP40 - 2.5"

SP60 - 3"

I have used a 2/56 stainless bolt as shear before. I don't use shear bolts anymore.

Latest posts

Back