How to remove white Styrofoam from whiplash

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douglong

Supporting Member
I purchased a rtr whiplash gas hydro on this site.

I was getting the boat ready to take to the lake to run it and noticed white Styrofoam in the cavities.

I spoke to the guy I bought it from and he said he only used a little for filling because he ran out of pool noodles.

I have been digging the white Styrofoam out for the past 4 hours and have not seen any pool noodles.

I'm afraid he filled the whole boat with the white Styrofoam.

Does anyone out there have a better way of removing the Styrofoam without taking the boat apart?

Thanks
Doug

I purchased a rtr whiplash gas hydro on this site.

I was getting the boat ready to take to the lake to run it and noticed white Styrofoam in the cavities.

I spoke to the guy I bought it from and he said he only used a little for filling because he ran out of pool noodles.

I have been digging the white Styrofoam out for the past 4 hours and have not seen any pool noodles.

I'm afraid he filled the whole boat with the white Styrofoam.

Does anyone out there have a better way of removing the Styrofoam without taking the boat apart?

Thanks
Doug
Why are you removing it?

Not sure why someone would use white packing foam.Not that hard to go to local hardware store by some pipe insulation or pool noodles.Good luck be careful on removing white stuff.

I'm using a wire coat hanger with the end bent into a oval and attached it to my cordless drill and slowly running it in and out. I have about 2.5 gallon bucket full of this crap and I'm not even half done.

Back