how much turn fin in the water?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

Alright guys, quick question. How much of the turn fin needs to be in the water on a sport 20?? For example, the first bend even with the bottom of the sponson/ride pad? Or deeper. Im trying to figure out where to mount the fin on my arno birts boat, but not sure how much of it I need to put in the water. Also, is there somewhere it should line up with, in relation to the edge of the ride pad??

Like anything else, it depends on the style of fin, the boat and your driving style. That being said, there is no right answer so I've included two pictures from my boats, one showing the depth of the fin as I initially set it up and one showing the location of the bracket

Alright guys, quick question. How much of the turn fin needs to be in the water on a sport 20?? For example, the first bend even with the bottom of the sponson/ride pad? Or deeper. Im trying to figure out where to mount the fin on my arno birts boat, but not sure how much of it I need to put in the water. Also, is there somewhere it should line up with, in relation to the edge of the ride pad??

Inline with the edge of the ride pad-bracket on outside fin on inside-a vertical slot will let you adjust up and down. Depth depends on how the boat rides.

Like anything else, it depends on the style of fin, the boat and your driving style. That being said, there is no right answer so I've included two pictures from my boats, one showing the depth of the fin as I initially set it up and one showing the location of the bracket
How well does that boat hold lane one in race water?

If you're referring to the boat I pictured at the pond, I haven't found out yet. It's had a very rich maiden run and after that, I brought it home and took the drive train out as I wasn't happy with the way I had it installed. Hard to do a really good install while working with limited tools, supplies and time on the road. I'm in the middle of an interior rework with the plan being to have it back on the water before the weekend is over. Since this boat was a total rework of a Dumas kit, there's no telling what it's going to do or what it will like until I get more run time on it. For all I know, it will want a straight blade angled under at 30 degrees to run right. Only time and experimenting will tell, same thing I basically said in my first post

Back