How do you remove stickers?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Ashby

What are you using to remove old vinyl stickers from your boats? I'm sitting here under a foot of dust from sanding off the old paint, but the darn stickers are still there!!

What are you using to remove old vinyl stickers from your boats? I'm sitting here under a foot of dust from sanding off the old paint, but the darn stickers are still there!!
Single edge shop style razor blade & laquer thinner if it's gecoat, plain alcohol if it's paint. Keep very light pressure on blade with a low "angle of attack". B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Use a hair dryer to warm up the stickers.

Dave Roach
Be VERY careful using heat, especially larger 'glass hulls. Yes this method works, use the lowest possible heat setting & keep the heat source moving constantly. You'd be surprised how quickly fiberglass will soak up & retain enough heat to alter it's shape! :eek:

Thanks for the tips. I need all the help I can get. :wacko:

Back