Hopper tank for SS45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

29tunnel

Hi , Does anyone have a good set-up for a hopper in Phil's sport 40? I use a 12 0z Sullivan under the deck. Does anyone run one without a hppper I always bring back fuel. Please send a pic if you have one. Thanks Don

This is the info in the setup sheets:

5. FUEL TANK

The front radio boat set up should have the tank mounted in the right deck next to the motor. The Sullivan 12oz RST tank will fit. You should use a hopper tank to feed fuel to the carb. A Hayes 2oz or a Sullivan 2 oz tank will work for a hopper tank.

You can use a 1oz tank infront of the motor or ontop of the front radio box if you have room. Sullivan also makes a small 1.5 oz square tank

the Hayes brand 2 oz tank is a rectangle shape and can fit beside the motor ty rapped to the motor mount or engine well.

PHIL T

Hi Terry,

Can you tell me how you mounted the tank? or anyone. Thanks Phil, nice boat, fast and fun to drive. Don

Hi Terry,

Can you tell me how you mounted the tank? or anyone. Thanks Phil, nice boat, fast and fun to drive. Don

Don, I have a front radio box PT SS45 that I installed a 12 oz in the right sponson beside the motor. There is floatation surronding the tank so it will not move plus it was a tight fit also helping it stay in place. The cap of that tank faces rearward so that the lines can come through the tub cutout and towards the front where I mounted a 2 oz tank right in front of the motor laying right on the tub deck, this cap faces the right sponson, there is a piece of rubber between the motor mount and the tank to shield it from the motion of the motor mount, the radio box keeps it from going forward therefore it cant move up/down/left/right and stays put nicely even in a blowoff like I just recently did at the Winter Nats. If I can get some time I will shoot some pics of it and post in my gallery which is linked at the bottom of all my posts. Heading home from work now so might be a bit before I can get some pics and post them.

Later.........Ron

Back