Hold down clamps for a T5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olly

Supporting Member
I'm looking for suggestions on how to make hold down clamps for the cowl of the Beacon Plumbing boat. I've checked all the photos that I have and can't get any ideas from them but I need something to hold the back of the cowl down.

I remember Greg Hahn had some neat ones on his Budweiser boat. Does anyone know what he used?

Thanks

Olly

Last edited by a moderator:
Olly,I don't remember what cowl attachments Greg used ,but I use cabinet latches at the rear.Someone started a thread on this forum a few months ago on this very topic,which also included photos.

[

Olly,I don't remember what cowl attachments Greg used ,but I use cabinet latches at the rear.Someone started a thread on this forum a few months ago on this very topic,which also included photos.

[Olly,the thread on this topic was titled "Help w/Cockpit/cowl for a PT Bud T-5,started by Tim Strange 6/17/12.

/quote]

Olly you know the lost part rule all to well. I suggest a combination of magnets and a positive locking Aeromarine style hold down. Keep in mind you will not want the cowl to be able to walk around.

Olly you know the lost part rule all to well. I suggest a combination of magnets and a positive locking Aeromarine style hold down. Keep in mind you will not want the cowl to be able to walk around.
That's what I'm trying to avoid. I'm not too keen on the big O rings or even the cabinet lock so I'm looking for an alternative to save me the embarrassment of 'having a lost part'. LOL

Olly

Olly,

I have been using magnets on our scales and putting some tape on the deck seam for heat racing just to be safe. I go magnet to magnet in 4 spots on the bigger cowls like you have. I am using 1/2 inch magnets.

Remember the foam for floatation no need to have the cowl or dummy engine sink on you, right Fonz?? Lot of people switching to magnets, but not good with little kids around. Lee Valley is a good supplier of different sizes and holding power.

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Back