help with this hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knbaudio

hey guys i got a hydro that i need info on i've asked in other sites and not much help they say to come here. the boat is an all fiberglass boat the only wood in it is the flat stock that runs the length of the boat and the motor mounts. it messusre 36-1/2" x 18" it is missing a bunch of things it looks like some one set it up quickly to run but never finished or did it right. the boat looks like the 1979 squire shop boat by jim latimer on the rc unlimited site but his is made of wood and is a 60 class messuring 44-1/2" x 22". i'm looking for any info on it what motor to run, what hardware to use, and were to get replacement parts if any. the rear hatch is gone and looks to have been cut out and the cowling is hacked up. i'm not going to replace the rear fins i'll glass the holes up it looks to be an easy fix up if i can get info and parts for it. i have a 7.5 i could run in it if that would push it. so if you guys could give me a hand it would be great i've looked at allot of site to come up empty thanks and let me know. kyle

i have other pics to see they were to large for the post if anyone like too see just send me your email. thanks again

2008_0204Image0035.JPG

hey guys i got a hydro that i need info on i've asked in other sites and not much help they say to come here. the boat is an all fiberglass boat the only wood in it is the flat stock that runs the length of the boat and the motor mounts. it messusre 36-1/2" x 18" it is missing a bunch of things it looks like some one set it up quickly to run but never finished or did it right. the boat looks like the 1979 squire shop boat by jim latimer on the rc unlimited site but his is made of wood and is a 60 class messuring 44-1/2" x 22". i'm looking for any info on it what motor to run, what hardware to use, and were to get replacement parts if any. the rear hatch is gone and looks to have been cut out and the cowling is hacked up. i'm not going to replace the rear fins i'll glass the holes up it looks to be an easy fix up if i can get info and parts for it. i have a 7.5 i could run in it if that would push it. so if you guys could give me a hand it would be great i've looked at allot of site to come up empty thanks and let me know. kyle
i have other pics to see they were to large for the post if anyone like too see just send me your email. thanks again

You are askiing for help in several critical areas and- as far as I am concerned- each area would take some time to respond to appropriately. If I were you, I would buy Don Mocks construction video. All of the information that you could possibly need is there- from construction to set up. Even after my fourth hydro construction project, I still refer to this excellent resource often.

Good luck!

Marc

HE SAID IT IS 36 INCHES LONG. Could this be an old Steve Muck sport 40 hydro?

That size boat does run a 7.5 motor ok. Fill the wing holes with some ply and epoxy, dont add much weight to the rear. make a rear deck from some 1/16 ply.

use some good hardware from Speedmaster or Comp. designs

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the info you guys. i was going to call you phill and ask if you had any ideas and about your cowling but got busy and is there a site i can go to. i can't wait to get this on the water know i thought i'd never find out what it was. and piper chuck i sent you a pm back that sound great the pic looks just like it. know the hardware what size would work the best there different size turn skegs this is my first hydro. now i can't wait till the weekends to get started no sleep tomarrow morning after work :D

I haven't had a chance to go to Kinkos yet. However, I got around the issue with the pages being too big for the scanner, so I'll be able to get softcopy to you today. I'll send you a PM a bit later.

Latest posts

Back