Help with MHR0001/0203 kit (1/10th) and cowlings from Hydroscale Creations

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MathieuDupont

Hi,

I'm opening this thread because I don't know how to "shape" the front section of the hull (where the cockpit is) to fit the cockpit I got from Hydroscale Creations.

This is my very first wood kit build (used to fiberglass & carbonfiber hulls) and I'm laking experience...

The bottom of the hull is almost finished, but can't figure how to proceed with the cockpit area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mathieu

PS : sorry for my english, it is not my motherspeaking language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pm me your email and I'll show you what mine looks like.

I got a cowling from Rcboatcompany and the cockpit area on the cowl doesn't fit the boat. I had to do some modifications. I have the 001.

Ok !

It was not meant to put pressure, just to show my problem.

Looking forward to see how you solved it.

Mathieu

Matthieu, when I got my 1/10 cowling it came with a belly pan. If I had to do it all over again. I would cut the two cockpit pieces out to where the piece is that forms the back of the sponson and make one that fits the cowling instead of cutting the cowling like I did.

Also. Try emailing Bob Brackett. His email is [email protected]

He sent me a bunch of pictures I needed. I don't have any you need except for the pictures I'll get for you later.

Also Try Harvey on here or Harvnox. He's also helpful. He has the gas version of the ML 001

It's all good. No pressure. Work is slow so I'm on the iPhone being bored.

Last edited by a moderator:
This part of the build drives me insane too.

The 4inch wide Engine compartment area of Mike's Framekit doesn't match to the parts of Mitch Dillard.

So i built this one on my own style and make a mould.

The building thread of Greg Hahn here on IW was a true inspiration for me.

http://www.intlwater...pic=50994&st=15

Good luck with your build

Juergen

P1070068.JPG

P1070074.JPG

P1070069.JPG

P1070072.JPG

Hi,

Thank you for your input Juergen.

I'll post pictures of my build has soon as I manage to get time to continue.

Greets,

Mathieu

Back