Help me out!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

For years i've wanted to buy/build a CNC router. I have some of the necessary parts but not everything. I was hoping someone might have some spare parts they don't need/want or what ever. The biggest items I need are the linear slides for the gantry. I want to make a machine that will have a cutting area of 24" X 48" So I need something about 60" long to give me 48" of travel. Everything I can find is big$$$

I also need other stuff, so if ya have ideas/suggestions/parts for me i'm all ears.

my dream machine

img28.jpg

MAXPATH 42

CNC ROUTER

from http://www.maxnc.com/

WAY to much $$ for me though>

Been "lurking" without a real name at www.cnczone.com a lot learning about building your own.

Tom,

I had been going to suggest cnczone, but that was before I got to the end of your post :) . Have you looked at Ebay for the slides as there is usually an assortment of that kind of stuff there, alternatively stop lurking at cnczone, register and ask for help there ;)

ChrisO B)

For years i've wanted to buy/build a CNC router. I have some of the necessary parts but not everything. I was hoping someone might have some spare parts they don't need/want or what ever. The biggest items I need are the linear slides for the gantry. I want to make a machine that will have a cutting area of 24" X 48" So I need something about 60" long to give me 48" of travel. Everything I can find is big$$$

I also need other stuff, so if ya have ideas/suggestions/parts for me i'm all ears.

my dream machine

img28.jpg

MAXPATH 42

CNC ROUTER

Been "lurking" without a real name at www.cnczone.com a lot learning about building your own.
Tom

Thats a pretty good price for the cnc router. I do a lot of servo motor repair in my bussiness and the servo motors and controls are pretty high dollar. Most of the cheaper motors are about $500 to a $1000 for the motors alone not counting the controls. I can get servo controls and motors and the smallest ones are about $1000ea. and you would need three of them plus the frontend programmer control. Then you would have to have a program package to program the servo drives with the frontend controler and this can be as much as $2500. The motors, motor controls, and programmer control of the router that you are talking about is most of the price of the machine. I would say that the frame is only about a $1000 worth of the machine.

I think that I would save my money and just buy the cnc router.

Mark Bullard

my dream machine

img28.jpg

MAXPATH 42

CNC ROUTER

Tom

Thats a pretty good price for the cnc router. I do a lot of servo motor repair in my bussiness and the servo motors and controls are pretty high dollar. Most of the cheaper motors are about $500 to a $1000 for the motors alone not counting the controls. I can get servo controls and motors and the smallest ones are about $1000ea. and you would need three of them plus the frontend programmer control. Then you would have to have a program package to program the servo drives with the frontend controler and this can be as much as $2500. The motors, motor controls, and programmer control of the router that you are talking about is most of the price of the machine. I would say that the frame is only about a $1000 worth of the machine.

I think that I would save my money and just buy the cnc router.

Mark Bullard

well servos are expensive!

Steppers work just fine.... this is what I had in mind.

http://www.xylotex.com/3AxSysKit.htm

I have some steppers i was going to list of ebay they are nema 34 size. I bought them and never used them. if intersted let me know and i can get the specs on them. the tourq is some whare at 500 .

Jimmy

Latest posts

Back