Help identifying lettering

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Sametz

Supporting Member
Need some help from the scale guru's. I have the radio station logo, Penzoil logo on cowl, Burien's Pit Stop on top of sponsons. On the side of the canoes behind their transom, I believe is ?????? volkswagon. I need that missing lettering and what comes after. Also do you think theirs a drivers signature behind the windshield. Here's the pic I have. Thanks Ray

Need some help from the scale guru's. I have the radio station logo, Penzoil logo on cowl, Burien's Pit Stop on top of sponsons. On the side of the canoes behind their transom, I believe is ?????? volkswagon. I need that missing lettering and what comes after. Also do you think theirs a drivers signature behind the windshield. Here's the pic I have. Thanks Ray
I seen one picture that Bellevue Volkswagon sponsored that boat. I have two pictures of the Pit Stop but you can't see that part of the hull on either.

it looks like a vw dealer's name, can't make it out in the pic. i work at a dealer that sells vw's, i'll see if bellevue is still a dealer. the lettering i can see looks like 'vue' on the end........

you can contact them at:

chaplin's bellevue volkswagen

15000 se eastgate way

bellevue, wa.

www.chaplinsvw.com

1-425-641-2002

maybe they have a pic of it at the store, on the trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks like a vw dealer's name, can't make it out in the pic. i work at a dealer that sells vw's, i'll see if bellevue is still a dealer. the lettering i can see looks like 'vue' on the end........
Its "Chaplin's Bellevue Volkswagon" 1995, Hull #9031 (Circus Circus Tri Wing Hull)

Ray, send pm, I have a couple of pictures for you.

;)

Glenn, Mopar, Joe thanks for the help. Glenn, I have your pics you sent me allmost a year ago, which got the ball rolling. Joe, just sent me a pic that shows it's Chaplins (in script) Bellevue Volkswagon (in print) and Mopar, I think gave me the clue to the last part. Went back to web site and the dealership is a stones throw from Interstate 90. So I'm thinking the last part is " on I-90". It's crazy, having colors, basic layout, print and logos and nobody builds this hull in glass. Well back to Roger's plans. Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
I know.....I had to look a couple of times to make sure it wasn't the exact same picture but the background was different. I just posted it because it's larger (8x10) and might be of use for the hull overall or a concourse photo.

I know.....I had to look a couple of times to make sure it wasn't the exact same picture but the background was different. I just posted it because it's larger (8x10) and might be of use for the hull overall or a concourse photo.
Glenn, I have the one from you on the trailer and side by side with the Circus. I'll snatch the e-bay shot for concourse pic. I think this is the same guy I got race programs from for 94 and 95. Thanks again, Ray B) B)

Latest posts

Back