Header and pipe setup for cooper quite pipe an cmb 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

I am playing with a .21 cmb valvola and 10 degree header to try to make it work with a ss21 with rear radio box.

Is anyone using a similar setup or say a front exhaust nova rossi.

I might be able to make it work but I need to know how long the header should be and how the pipe should be setup in relation to the glow plug or exhaust port or whatever is used for reference point.

thanks terry

I am playing with a .21 cmb valvola and 10 degree header to try to make it work with a ss21 with rear radio box.
Is anyone using a similar setup or say a front exhaust nova rossi.

I might be able to make it work but I need to know how long the header should be and how the pipe should be setup in relation to the glow plug or exhaust port or whatever is used for reference point.

thanks terry
hi terry .if you mean a ss 21 , is that a sport 21 boat,, the header should be about 2 to 2.5 inches long mate,, run your pipe at 8 inches measuring from centre of glow plug to weld mark on pipe.. nova rosi engines are all rear exhaust engines ,, they use a 180% header,, make sure the pipe can slide over the header , so you can ajust pipe length if required.. as for pipes use a ops 3280 nitro pipe.. at 8 inches.. macoy 59 , or kb 1L . plug.. 50 to 60% nitro in fuel.. and i use a cmdi 437/3 prop.. works very well . hope this helps thanks jase,, australia..

Jase

I have the engine .header and pipe and radio box just resting in the hull, but have some clearance issues.

I have a 10 degree header and think this is largly my problem.

I placed the pipe and header in place just to have a look but there is a lot of the header exposed and i had not seen that before on other boats . Most of the pipes i have seen on a front exhaust have the intake or front of the pipe closer to the engine

I had received the same numbers you gave me for the pipe stup from Lynn cooper and you just confirmed them thanks..

Is this due to the shortness of the cooper quit pipe it looks much more stubbier or shorter and less tapered in the front than the other pipes I have seen.

Where Could i see a clear picture of the ops 3280 I have seen they are recommended for this engine.

terry

Jase
I have the engine .header and pipe and radio box just resting in the hull, but have some clearance issues.

I have a 10 degree header and think this is largly my problem.

I placed the pipe and header in place just to have a look but there is a lot of the header exposed and i had not seen that before on other boats . Most of the pipes i have seen on a front exhaust have the intake or front of the pipe closer to the engine

I had received the same numbers you gave me for the pipe stup from Lynn cooper and you just confirmed them thanks..

Is this due to the shortness of the cooper quit pipe it looks much more stubbier or shorter and less tapered in the front than the other pipes I have seen.

Where Could i see a clear picture of the ops 3280 I have seen they are recommended for this engine.

terry
I have the same setup as you except the radio is in the front. I am using what I think he calls a stealth cowl. I kept burning the paint with my Cooper pipe and I eventually cut the cowl where the pipe rubbs. I put a piece of curved epoxy between the horizontal and verticle part of the cowl to make it an intake. It helps to clear the quiet pipe and adds a little cooling. I also used a rubber O ring on the end of the pipe and that slid into a 1/2" id aluminum pipe to extend the exhaust outside. Keeps everything rubber isolated and quiet.

Jase

My pipe would just butt on the end of the header if I tried to mate them .Ie will nor slide on over the header.

Terry

Jase
My pipe would just butt on the end of the header if I tried to mate them .Ie will nor slide on over the header.

Terry
hi terry .. for the header issue,, use sand paper not to coarsee.. 400 , rub the header so you reduce the outside diameter.. then if you have a dremel.. in the ppe.. ie where the butt on the end of pipe,, dremel out some of the inside diameter, untill you have a snug fit that slides. , or terry just buy a cmdi 10% 21 header,, the pipe should just slide over the header ,, hope this helps thanks jase,,

Is that a muffler on the tuned pipe before the exit tube (I heard that the pipe was good but loud)? If so, what brand and type of muffler is it?
Yeah it is a welded (JB anyway) on muff. I don't know who made it. Got the whole pipe/muff from the Pacific NW. It used to be a 90* outlet, but that didn't work for me so it drilled out the end and the coupler covers the old outlet.

Back