Hay Ken Your boat is done!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<_< THat Pic doesnt even do your work justice. THe closeups I have really show it off more, your lucky Im not at work where I have the real shots. I did send some to Scott Wadlow, though. Ken

Hi Mike is that a scratchbuilt or a FG Hull??? very very nice work, if it is FG hull who makes it, might have to add a bud shovel to the 80 griffon and 80 back up I have LOL...

BTW mike do you have the 80 bud griffon graphics available?? I might be redoing my hull...

Hi Mike is that a scratchbuilt or a FG Hull??? very very nice work, if it is FG hull who makes it, might have to add a bud shovel to the 80 griffon and 80 back up I have LOL...

BTW mike do you have the 80 bud griffon graphics available?? I might be redoing my hull...
I assume your talking to me. My name is Wes. That is a Phil Thomas hull. Epoxy and glass. My Bardahl is the same except that I modified the cowl. The answer to your next question is yes, I have the 80 Bud graphics .

The 1968 Miss Bud you finished looks great.I love the detail on the engine.

I have a karlson hull on order from Phil Thomas.I thought I would make it a 1968 U-12.

I looked in the master hull roster; I am still confused.It shows both a U-1 and a U-12 in 1968.

Could you or someone else educate me?

I have a karlson hull on order from Phil Thomas.I thought I would make it a 1968 U-12.

I looked in the master hull roster; I am still confused.It shows both a U-1 and a U-12 in 1968.

All i know Harvey is round is better,but you have a nice pickle BUD. I guess Ken will race a different boat at each point series race. Dist 14 will have a big year in 2007 starting in Evansville. Not to hijack your thread guys but we will give a new motor to a scale guy. a hull to a sport 40 guy and the same to sport20 you gotta make this race.......Mikey

When i was researching I found the same thing. I think the U-12 might have been their backup boat, I'm not sure. I do know that the Budweiser lettering was larger on the U-1 but everything else was pretty much the same. The only difference I found between 68 and 70 was the number of US-1s they had on the cowl. They won 3 years in a row. I think it was 70 they also had the Bardahl painted up in Bud colors as their back up boat. Wether it raced that way, I don't know.

Wes thanks for the info.

Not to hijack your thread, but if Mikey reads this I've been boosting the Evansville spring race with

the Knoxville gang & hope that all of us will be there.I seem to recall that you said there would be a good number of scale boats there.

Harvey Liberman

Knoxville,Tn.

Wes thanks for the info.

Not to hijack your thread, but if Mikey reads this I've been boosting the Evansville spring race with

the Knoxville gang & hope that all of us will be there.I seem to recall that you said there would be a good number of scale boats there.

Harvey Liberman

Knoxville,Tn.
You're right Harvey. we are shooting for 20 scales. Lots of new ones around. Should be awesome.

Brian

Wes thanks for the info.

Harvey Liberman

Knoxville,Tn.
You're right Harvey. we are shooting for 20 scales. Lots of new ones around. Should be awesome.

Brian
There are 3 maybe 4 new scale boats that are being built in Madison for 07.

Wes thanks for the info.

Harvey Liberman

Knoxville,Tn.

Brian
There are 3 maybe 4 new scale boats that are being built in Madison for 07.
I think 20 may be a low number. If Ken can find enough drivers he could have 4 boats. Heck, Evansville may HAVE to start a round nose class.

Right now, out of the Hildreth team, At Evansville, we are planning to Have me in the 70 bud, Chuck in the 93 bud or 82 Atlas, And Scott Wadlow making a guest appearance in either the Atlas or the Bud, not sure who is driving what. lol. Ken

What are you going to let me drive?

Right now, out of the Hildreth team, At Evansville, we are planning to Have me in the 70 bud, Chuck in the 93 bud or 82 Atlas, And Scott Wadlow making a guest appearance in either the Atlas or the Bud, not sure who is driving what. lol. Ken

Hey Eddie Dont you make those scale engine kits? Give out the web page to Wes he might like those.

Phil, no not yet, there are a few motors around, that are very nice Troy McIntyres has tons of details, and the one I got from Henry Velasko is pretty nice too, I know that Doug Campbell has a balsa laser cut allison kit that can be made to look outstanding, and I have scratchbuilt a few of my own motors allison and rolls.

Phil I love that shovel, is there a light lay up for electric power?

Here is a little bigger version of the pic of Ken's boat. Wes - that is awesome! I need to talk to you about painting a couple scales I am working on.

ken-bud.jpg

I need one of those Bud Merlins like that for my 70 U1 Bud. That looks like the 70 but the driver needs to be Dean not Billy as some have. 68 & 69 are U12's with differant lettering. The 70-71-72 have the same lettering and U1's but the logo on the bow is missing on the 71 if I remember right. That is one great looking boat.

I need one of those Bud Merlins like that for my 70 U1 Bud. That looks like the 70 but the driver needs to be Dean not Billy as some have. 68 & 69 are U12's with differant lettering. The 70-71-72 have the same lettering and U1's but the logo on the bow is missing on the 71 if I remember right. That is one great looking boat.
That motor came from Rainier scale Hydros (Larry Kraemer) 360-825-5878. Ken had me install plug wires and hoses like mine. That makes it look very real. I pulled a good one on Ken though, I put the wires on in the wrong fireing order. It'll take him weeks to figure out why his V-12 won't run right ;)

Just to get everyone straight on the Bud Karelson boats.

The 1968 boat was brand new and ran as the U-12 all year. It also ran as the U-12 in 1969. In 1969 it won the high point championship as it did in 1970 and 1971. Thus it was the U-1 in 1970, 1971 and 1972.

In 1970 the 1967-69 Miss Bardahl became the U-13 Miss Budweiser II. It also ran as the Miss US that year. It is easy to distinguish the two Budwiser boats as the U-13 has the long head rest and the U12/1 has the headrest molded into the rest of the cowling.

The 1967-69 Bardall boat became the first Hallmark Homes in 1971 but sank back east. It was then replaced with a duplicate boat put togeter in 30 days.

I am getting some detailed engine, cockpit and other pics of the U12/1 boat next week. If you need anything specific, let me know.

Harry

Last edited by a moderator:
Back