Hatch hold down devices for p/t ss20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

I have read somewhere where you can use something like a natural earth magnet ?? to use to hold your hatch or Canopy down.

What would you guys recommend to hold down the turbine canopy or hatch for a P/T ss20.

I like the idea behind the magnets, no holes,and looks clean.

Terry

Tower Hobby has those latches Grim racer had sold, they even come with the L mounts.

Those magnets would work ok, but just some strips of velcro would probally hold better.

You better have some flotaion in that cowl cause it will come off with the magnets or velcro.

PHIL

I have plans for cowl flotation .it doesn't take much to float them and have learned clear silicone works well to hold the styrofoam. This time i am using small peices of pool board which is pool noodle that is flat.

The rare earth ones are the ones I have heard about.

What do you think would be better those or neodymium magnets and where can i inquire about the neo's

Thanks

Terry

I have plans for cowl flotation .it doesn't take much to float them and have learned clear silicone works well to hold the styrofoam. This time i am using small peices of pool board which is pool noodle that is flat.

The rare earth ones are the ones I have heard about.

What do you think would be better those or neodymium magnets and where can i inquire about the neo's

Thanks

Terry
Hi Terry

Don't worry I will put a set of magnets from Herzog Racing in the box.

Kevin

The rare earth magnet sets come with steel cups to hold the magnet disk and steel washer for the magnet cup to attract. the steel cup makes the attraction stronger.

You should cut a finger hole in the cowl deck between the mounts to lift the cowl.

Phil

Kevin,

Your the man. I will wait until I open the box to see what i will need to complete the build before I post anymore.

Thanks a lot.

Terry

Tower Hobby has those latches Grim racer had sold, they even come with the L mounts. Those magnets would work ok, but just some strips of velcro would probally hold better.

You better have some flotaion in that cowl cause it will come off with the magnets or velcro.

PHIL

I'm not sure what kind of magnets you are using Phil but the Neo magnets I've been using are strong enough to pick the boat up by the cowl.

i use that glue called amazing goop. they have marine grade of it also. it comes in a tooth paste size container with screw on lid, excellent shelf life , throw it in the tool box, lasts forever, has no acetic acid like silicon that adds corrosion . available, home depot, ace, mennards, wal-mart. about $4.00 you can also use it to repair cracks or holes.

the flotation stuff also can be found it some shipping packages.auto parts especially. i always cut it on the band saw , works great. same for pool noodles

Dan kramer,

I have been using Goop for years on anything you could imagine.

how does it hold up to the nitro fuel? I have not used it on any r/c models.

Thanks

Terry

Back