Green head or purple???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, can you elaborate,lol is the green more or less, are the parts interchangeable? should I purchase a purple?
What is the difference between the green head .67 and the purple?
POWER
I've owned a purple but not a green. I was told that the difference is mainly the bore/stroke. So I don't think the parts are interchangeable. The greenie is a great out of the box extremely competitive engine. The purple has potential but needs some work to achieve it. If you're a pro-modder or don't mind paying high dollar for professional mods than the purple is good choice but if not stick with the greenie. This is my opinion so don't take it as gospel. Just a brief summary of the different info/opinions I have received on the two engines. I am very curious to hear other thoughts.

The above "I feel" pretty much sums it up

I have played with both, the purple head just briefly, and found it to NOT produce the power the green head does stock, out of the box.

And no, the parts are not interchangable.

The purple head is also an older model, so I don't know it parts are still in great supply.

I have played with both, the purple head just briefly, and found it to NOT produce the power the green head does stock, out of the box.

The purple head is also an older model, so I don't know it parts are still in great supply.
Green head- a strong motor out of the box. :)

Purple head- needs some grinding but nothing that can't be accomplished with a Dremel, some bits and a couple nights work. I have done up a couple of both the 45 & 67 "cam" series purple head motors before and they can be made into serious screamers not to mention they can be had cheaply these days. New pistons can be made by Brad Christy, they also have the steel rod, needle bearing bottom end like the greenies. If you're not afraid to make some chips fly they can be a strong runner as well. B)

Purple head- needs some grinding but nothing that can't be accomplished with a Dremel, some bits and a couple nights work. I have done up a couple of both the 45 & 67 "cam" series purple head motors before and they can be made into serious screamers not to mention they can be had cheaply these days. New pistons can be made by Brad Christy, they also have the steel rod, needle bearing bottom end like the greenies. If you're not afraid to make some chips fly they can be a strong runner as well. B)
how about posting a couple of pictures of a modded sleeve an d piston for the cam engines 67 , 45 ?

how about posting a couple of pictures of a modded sleeve an d piston for the cam engines 67 , 45 ?
Sorry, don't have any pics to share

You might want to compare the fuel "channels" which conduct the fuel from the crankcase to the ports like the green head has. I know they are different than the yellow head. If they are not the same as the greenhead you will never be able to duplicate it and you'd be money and time ahead to run the greenie.

You might want to compare the fuel "channels" which conduct the fuel from the crankcase to the ports like the green head has. I know they are different than the yellow head. If they are not the same as the greenhead you will never be able to duplicate it and you'd be money and time ahead to run the greenie.
Bingo Green is good and if you watch you might find a good one at a fair price.

Back