Great turn fin

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a little plug for Mr. Virginia Craftsman. I needed to make some changes on a new turn fin for my scale boat. Mr Tyndal had me a new and improved fin in 3 days, tried it out today before the nationals and BAM Fixed all my cornering problems. Man.... it was better than sex!

Thanks Virginia craftsman!

Can you send me contact info for the Virginia Craftsman?

Just a little plug for Mr. Virginia Craftsman. I needed to make some changes on a new turn fin for my scale boat. Mr Tyndal had me a new and improved fin in 3 days, tried it out today before the nationals and BAM Fixed all my cornering problems. Man.... it was better than sex!

Thanks Virginia craftsman!

Virginia Crafstman, Inc.

8151 Sawyer Lane

Mechanicsville, VA. 23111

804-730-7865

Dick Tyndall (elzorro)

I was wondering about his turn fins.Is it possible that you could upload a picture of it????I'm still having turning issues with my two wings and was wondering how his turn fins worked.shann

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never used this curved skid fins, so I was wondering how the need to be mounted as a starting point. The straight I tilt in and slant back. I have Dick's scale stainless skid fin and looking for the starting point for mounting. Thanks, Ron

I've never used this curved skid fins, so I was wondering how the need to be mounted as a starting point. The straight I tilt in and slant back. I have Dick's scale stainless skid fin and looking for the starting point for mounting. Thanks, Ron

Ron, I don't think you have one of my turn fins if it is stainless steel..........all of my fins are made out of aluminum. All of my turn fins mount vertical from the water with no angle. The curve in the fin does all of the work.

Dick

I got 2 turn fins from Phil too put on one of his 82U55 hulls. I got his and one of yours, 1 stainless and 1 alum. He told me yours was the real deal on his hull. I have a 8255 wood hull and was wanting to try the turnfins out, there fore the questions. I just thought yours was the stainless one. Both are great looking and look like they should work but I have never used one there fore the questions. Any diagrams or instruction that you could email I would like. I didn't mean to hijack this thread, Sorry, Ron

I got 2 turn fins from Phil too put on one of his 82U55 hulls. I got his and one of yours, 1 stainless and 1 alum. He told me yours was the real deal on his hull. I have a 8255 wood hull and was wanting to try the turnfins out, there fore the questions. I just thought yours was the stainless one. Both are great looking and look like they should work but I have never used one there fore the questions. Any diagrams or instruction that you could email I would like. I didn't mean to hijack this thread, Sorry, Ron
Ron,

Phil would be the one to contact about where the fin and bracket should be mounted on the boat you have and how much fin needs to be in the water. Check with him next week when he is back from the Internats.

Dick

Back