Graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sport hydro

I am looking for the 1973 PAY-N-PAK U-1 graphics. I know Pacific lists it but does not say if its the U-1 or U-25. Anyone else have them or can make them?

I am looking for the 1973 PAY-N-PAK U-1 graphics. I know Pacific lists it but does not say if its the U-1 or U-25. Anyone else have them or can make them?
I have the 1974 Pay N Pak and I believe the graphics are the same which you can get from Dumas.

Ron

You could try www.prolinemedia.net

Mike would probaly know if they are the same, or if you all that need to be changed is the U-# and you have a pic, he could probably do it.

Rick

Rick the 74 was also the U1. The 73 boat had the full length cabover cowl which sucked the driver out of the boat so the year after that they chopped some of the cowl off to make the 74 boat. There is a pic in my gallery of the 74 U1 (link below)

Ron

Last edited:
I am boulding the 1974 version. I forgot that the 73 had the full cowl. Mine is hopefully going to look like yours when I'm done. That is a great looking boat.

I have 70 Lil' Buzzard, the 71 and the 72 but I could easily make the 73 or 74 from existing sets. Shoot me a pic of the boat you are doing and I'll let you know what I have and what would need to be done. My email is [email protected]

Guys I just discovered a really embarrassing problem. You might remember a few months back I posted about my office being burglarized. A couple of my computers were taken including the one that does most of my graphics work. Well in the process the robbers trashed the place as well turning my trash cans upside down leaving stuff all over and just making a disaster of a lot of my paperwork. Including my folders of pending and completed orders. It was brought to light when someone in Washington that had stuff on order called and I had no records of his order at all but I do remember the boats he ordered but had no way to contact him since his Production Order was missing.

If you ordered some graphics from me before late June and haven't gotten them. It's probably because your PO may have been lost in trying to clean up all the loose paper and garbage that was strewn about. My apologies but I wasn't aware of this until that phone call yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I just discovered a really embarrassing problem. You might remember a few months back I posted about my office being burglarized. A couple of my computers were taken including the one that does most of my graphics work. Well in the process the robbers trashed the place as well turning my trash cans upside down leaving stuff all over and just making a disaster of a lot of my paperwork. Including my folders of pending and completed orders. It was brought to light when someone in Washington that had stuff on order called and I had no records of his order at all but I do remember the boats he ordered but had no way to contact him since his Production Order was missing.

If you ordered some graphics from me before late June and haven't gotten them. It's probably because your PO may have been lost in trying to clean up all the loose paper and garbage that was strewn about. My apologies but I wasn't aware of this until that phone call yesterday.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

The cabover Pay'nPak was the twin Keith Black Chrysler hemi boat from 1970. It was converted to the driver behind the engine for 1971 and ran as U25. Ran the same boat in 1972, U25. Muncey in the Atlas won the national championship in 1972 and the Atlas had U1 in 1973. The new (mostly white) Pay n Pak you are talking about was built for the 1973 season and had the U25 on it. It won the championship in '73 and was U1 in 1974.

Jim Vota

The cabover Pay'nPak was the twin Keith Black Chrysler hemi boat from 1970. It was converted to the driver behind the engine for 1971 and ran as U25. Ran the same boat in 1972, U25. Muncey in the Atlas won the national championship in 1972 and the Atlas had U1 in 1973. The new (mostly white) Pay n Pak you are talking about was built for the 1973 season and had the U25 on it. It won the championship in '73 and was U1 in 1974.

Jim Vota
Another little bit of trivia on the 73 "Pak" was it only ran with the cowling at a few of the races and in some test sessions ( I can acount for 4 times total). The boat was found to be "too flighty and unstable" with the cowling, so it was run without the cowl for the rest of it's career.

Jim Vota
Another little bit of trivia on the 73 "Pak" was it only ran with the cowling at a few of the races and in some test sessions ( I can acount for 4 times total). The boat was found to be "too flighty and unstable" with the cowling, so it was run without the cowl for the rest of it's career.
You are correct - it did not run with the engine cowl - I saw it 4 times that year and it did not have the cowl - I don't know the reason why, but I will take your word on that.

JimV

More trivia. The only time the Pak ran with the cowl was its first test run on Lake Washington in '73. I was there and have pix. I had heard the story about the air over the cowl wanting to pull Mickey Remund out of the cockpit. I asked Mickey about that years later. He said the main reason was that he didnt want the cowl getting loose and taking his head off!!!!

Roger

More trivia. The only time the Pak ran with the cowl was its first test run on Lake Washington in '73. I was there and have pix. I had heard the story about the air over the cowl wanting to pull Mickey Remund out of the cockpit. I asked Mickey about that years later. He said the main reason was that he didnt want the cowl getting loose and taking his head off!!!!

Roger

Roger,

I always wondered why the boat never ran with the cowl. You'd see it laying around but never go on the boat to race.

It's been a while since I saw you. I hope everything is good.

Jim Vota

Latest posts

Back