good source for sport 20 cowls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

Hello all, im looking to get a cowl for my whiplash, but I dont currently like the style of the one made for it, so im looking for a good place to buy cowls. I know that I will need to make it fit, which isnt a bid deal, just need a good source for some different ones. Also, perhaps I could get some pictures of the cowls you are talking about? Thanks fellas, Rodney Pierce

Hey Rodney do you have any pics of yours in case you want to sell it?

Thanks Richie R.

Hello all, im looking to get a cowl for my whiplash, but I dont currently like the style of the one made for it, so im looking for a good place to buy cowls. I know that I will need to make it fit, which isnt a bid deal, just need a good source for some different ones. Also, perhaps I could get some pictures of the cowls you are talking about? Thanks fellas, Rodney Pierce
I have this one, just need to get more 2oz cloth to make one , I'm not the greatest at laying the cloth down, but they don't come out to bad (Definitely Useable), They'll wont be the really nice quality of Phil Tomas cowls ,I know, I just got one to day.

P.S. The air intake box on top of the cowl is 1/16plywood(have the templets to make air intake box, also).and the cowl is 4-1/4" at it's widest point and 1-5/16" at the front of the cowl and 27-1/2" long. Right now I'm workin on my sport 40,I should have one done in 2-3 weeks, sorry for the time laps ,need to get the sport 40 out of the way.So I can have more of my time for the sport 20 prints,

I have this one, just need to get more 2oz cloth to make one , I'm not the greatest at laying the cloth down, but they don't come out to bad (Definitely Useable), They'll wont be the really nice quality of Phil Tomas cowls ,I know, I just got one to day.

P.S. The air intake box on top of the cowl is 1/16plywood(have the templets to make air intake box, also).and the cowl is 4-1/4" at it's widest point and 1-5/16" at the front of the cowl and 27-1/2" long. Right now I'm workin on my sport 40,I should have one done in 2-3 weeks, sorry for the time laps ,need to get the sport 40 out of the way.So I can have more of my time for the sport 20 prints,
First off, Rich, I dont currently have a cowl for the boat, just dont liek the sport 20 cowls that brian offers, just not my style. Anyhow, that cowl looks alright, but I would have to mod it pretty good to get it to work, are you making them? And what would you want for one?

I am interested in the vent/scope on the side. I have seen these on cars. Is this something you fashioned yourself or is it a scoop that you purchased and added?

I am interested in the vent/scope on the side. I have seen these on cars. Is this something you fashioned yourself or is it a scoop that you purchased and added?
The cowl is fiberglass,the vent /scoop is wood that I add to the top of the cowl,You can be creative and make your own scoop , with peices of scap ply , trial fit (use your emagination).

Rodney: "I'll make you one" ,for $20.00 + shipping,this price is to just help off set the price on material, In till I get better at molding and latin down the cloth to have a better guality cowl, "going to try vacum bagging on the next one. ("One thing is", If I wouldn't use a cowl I made on my boat ,I wouldn't send one for yours).

I'm interested in trying to make my own . Is there anyway you could send a picture of your mold or plug .

Thanks Ed

I'm interested in trying to make my own . Is there anyway you could send a picture of your mold or plug .
Thanks Ed
Ed: the plug in the piture needs to be repainted white & then reclear coated.My brother wanted to tried, to use it to make another female mold, but the clear coat and white paint lifted. so I have to take it all down redo it.But I still have my 1st female plug done , there in the picture ,I'm getting ready to pull a cowl (In about 14 more hours).

Thanks Ed
Ed: the plug in the piture needs to be repainted white & then reclear coated.My brother wanted to tried, to use it to make another female mold, but the clear coat and white paint lifted. so I have to take it all down redo it.But I still have my 1st female plug done , there in the picture ,I'm getting ready to pull a cowl (In about 14 more hours).

Thanks , That gives me an idea of a direction to go . It'll have to wait though . Maybe a mid season project.

Ed

Thanks Ed

Thanks , That gives me an idea of a direction to go . It'll have to wait though . Maybe a mid season project.

Ed
I have a grim racer sport 20 cowl maybe the last one out there. I asked Grim if i could pull a mold off it and plan to do so shortly,if all turns out ok i will pull a few. Im pretty sure this cowl started life as a DUMAS cowl

Thanks Ed

Ed
I have a grim racer sport 20 cowl maybe the last one out there. I asked Grim if i could pull a mold off it and plan to do so shortly,if all turns out OK i will pull a few. I'm pretty sure this cowl started life as a DUMAS cowl
Yeah I would defintly be interested , But would it fit a Sport 40 . I have the Dumas eagle hull.

Ed

Thanks Ed

Ed
I have a grim racer sport 20 cowl maybe the last one out there. I asked Grim if i could pull a mold off it and plan to do so shortly,if all turns out OK i will pull a few. I'm pretty sure this cowl started life as a DUMAS cowl
Yeah I would defintly be interested , But would it fit a Sport 40 . I have the Dumas eagle hull.

Ed
I have one of those too but its in need of repairs.might be able to help you at some point

This is kinda what I'm thinking of . Not sure how it will work with a Dumas Eagle.

Ed

Back