gilmore special

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt. gay rum

need a real boat picture of this boat...any help

Last edited by a moderator:
Several years ago I had the U13 Gilmore and work on it all winter to get it ready for racing. The first heat I missed for some dumb reason and the 2nd it quit and the 3rd it died on launch but the 4th it was running real good and I turned left to avoid a wreck happening in front of me and I let off and it died. So I figured what the hell better luck next time then after all had finished a heard this awful sound and the last boat on the water forgot it was still out there and ran over it. I sold it and never ran her again. I end up with a Captran Resorts that was a screamer. Good luck and have fun, You just brought back some memories. On the RCU site the Gilmore and Captran are still both there but Jim has the Captran and he also sold the Gilmore.

Several years ago I had the U13 Gilmore and work on it all winter to get it ready for racing. The first heat I missed for some dumb reason and the 2nd it quit and the 3rd it died on launch but the 4th it was running real good and I turned left to avoid a wreck happening in front of me and I let off and it died. So I figured what the hell better luck next time then after all had finished a heard this awful sound and the last boat on the water forgot it was still out there and ran over it. I sold it and never ran her again.
What a bummer. :(

I had an experience years ago with my first scale, '85 Miller American. The boat was absolutely beautiful & at it's first race, in it's first heat I got tagged by another scale, my boat was struggling on the launch & he had nowhere to go. Fortunately the damage was amazingly minor to the point by the following weekend you couldn't even tell it had ever got "kissed" by the other boat. Nevertheless the driver of that other scale was quite distraught over hitting my brand new boat even though it was minor & not really his fault as far as I was concerned. But this story has a happier ending as that "encounter" led me to becoming very, very good friends will one laid back cool cat of a boater racer & fellow scale affectionato, Mr. Bob Morton. ;)

I'm sure that Monty filt worse than I did and we are still friends. His wife had to come over and talk to me as he was to upset. Funny how thing work out. Still nothing like running scales!!!!

Back