Getting Old, case of CRS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Sametz

Supporting Member
Need a starting point for pipe length, CMB vac with new Zoom carb, AB parabolic pipe. Running a AB X450 prop. Boris numbers would help too. Keep telling myself write it down, but no. :blink: ...........==={}

First question, Why? AB parabolic pipe

With the Mac's Exhaust 7.5 Marine on a CMB45RS 10-3/8" center of cylinder to widest point.

Assuming this is a sporty-40

I have seen the CMB/AB nitro pipe work real well on that engine

With the Mac's Exhaust 7.5 Marine on a CMB45RS 10-3/8" center of cylinder to widest point.

RRRick no matter what I did that pipe was a dog. Ran better with a Irwin 45 quiet pipe. Maybe just me???????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
What Rick said, I have not even run by boats @ sea level- only @4300 ft. elevation. Up there 45RS, Macs 1160(10cc Aero pipe) @ 10= 5/8", X448. Boris #' was 48 on a Gen 1 but it went out the window when it was converted to Gen. 4(more airflow).

RRRick no matter what I did that pipe was a dog. Ran better with a Irwin 45 quiet pipe. Maybe just me???????????????
That pipe was by far the best pipe on my 45RS in the Shooter BUT the big Q- what is the stinger diameter? You want the early parabolic with the smaller stinger on the RS.

10 start a 1/4 long sorry no boris number. A guy in the club running sport 40 has a Cooper pipe runs like a monsta but I never got one of those pipes to work at all. Parabolic is the best 45 pipe ever made.Tried a OPS 6280 ran great but you could hear my boat in Switzerland

Last edited by a moderator:
10 start a 1/4 long sorry no boris number. A guy in the club running sport 40 has a Cooper pipe runs like a monsta but I never got one of those pipes to work at all. Parabolic is the best 45 pipe ever made.Tried a OPS 6280 ran great but you could hear my boat in Switzerland
Thanks Baldy, just what I needed. ;) See you in Hobart...........==={}

Back