Gas Unlimited Cowls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Wiebelhaus

Supporting Member
I am looking for a source for gas scale size hull, Cowl,canopy, wings typical of the Budweiser,Formula, Oberto, newer style hulls.

Any help appreciated.

Mike Luszcz hull

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff Snell makes the T6 cowling and wing set for the modern hulls Joe. I need to get his info to let others know, just keep forgetting! Mike

Oh, your updated parts are out to the laser cutter as well. He will drop ship them!

I am very glad to hear you feel that way. I hear that same response a lot, and it feels good! Let me know if you need anything regarding you sport 40 kits. Thanks, Mike

ed,

are you building a gas scale ? as joe says, mike's hull kits are excellent.

contact mike luszcz, ( spoonefcrx ), for more information about cowls for his gas scale kits.

Cant wait for old SPARKY PT to get some new 8255 cowls done going to need one

ed and mike,

sounds like you guys are building an 8255 gas scale if using phil's cowl. i'm waiting for one too.

Jeff Snell has cowls and wing sets for the 2002 Budweiser and the Olympia Beer boat style hulls.

His web site is http://snelldesigns.com for contact information. He has not updated it to reflect the Gas Scale Hydro hulls and cowls yet but contact him for pricing and availability .. His cowls and wings were used on both my Gas Scale Hydros... You can see photos at www.PNWTA.org.

Marty Shallenberger

www.PNWTA.org

Joe,I'm building a Bud T-6 gas scale.I'm using Jeff Snell's cowl,windshield,rear wing ,vertical fins and turbine housing.Jeff'present front canard is 11 3/8" long.Mike's spacing between sponsons is nomially 14".Mine came out 13 15/16".Jeff told me he is setting up to make the longer canard.I've got two on order.Jeff's work is very good .His cowl fits mike's gas scale framing kit on the money.

This past Sept.I talked with Phil Thomas and some of the Evansville guys.It looks like there may be 4 or 5 gas scales ready to race next season.Looks like there is something cooking up your way.Maybe we can play with some new toys next year.Stay in touch on your progress.

Harvey Liberman

Chris,Carl and I both have 8255 kits and it should not take long to get them going. Looks like a class is forming,now we need to Get Don Brown on the other end of the glue bottle

Glad to hear a localized group are all building GAS scales. Guys like you will build the class across the country! Good luck and share pictures of your builds with everyone!

There is one on the drawing board right now, it might take some time because I like to scratch build.

Also; I have some major remodeling to do to the house after Christmas.

DonB

Back