GAS Thunder boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P THOMAS

Supporting Member
Vendor
Put this on Jims Boat dock too so you dont have to add your 2cents both places unless you want too.

:D

What are the current T boats available?

I have a Zipp to build but may want to strech it a bit to make it Namba legal.

Who makes a good Tboat and what are the lenght and width and afterplane length of them? I want a bigger boat but not supersize.

Namba rules say 48-56 inches long but only min. 24 inches?

To keep things in porportion to scale you should have a 54 inch long hull to get 24 wide. ????

Measure your boats please.

I like some of the glass ones but cant find the specs on them.

Blazer T boat is 52long, 24wide i know.

PHIL

Hey Phil,

Steve makes a great Thunderboat www.rcboatcompany.com, I really like it. My Tempo VII is from him http://newtonmarine.smugmug.com/gallery/62...393704096_hgbKx

It was modeled after the Hawaii Kai I have that I won the World Championships with in Vegas in 2007 and I won the Northwest Championships in 2008 with the Tempo, I think his boat is one of the best out there you can get. Just my 2 cents, I am sure you will get plenty of responds though...

I'm building one from Insane, it's 49" long and 24" wide. It's big enough as it is, I'm not sure I would would want one another 6 inches longer, (55"long) Josh-

I'm building one from Insane, it's 49" long and 24" wide. It's big enough as it is, I'm not sure I would would want one another 6 inches longer, (55"long) Josh-
true scale for an average 30 foot long 12' 6" wide round nose would be

1/8 scale 45" long 18.75" wide

1/7 scale 51.4" long 21.4" wide

1/6 scale 60" long 25" wide

true scale for an average 30 foot long 12' 6" wide round nose would be1/8 scale 45" long 18.75" wide

Good thing they are not defined as being perfectly to scale!! They're big enough as it is!!

That said, My Blazer LAUTERBACH using the NAMBA rule of 5 1/4" hardware behind transom measurement limit of which I am within 1/4" of it. Would place it at 57" X 24" ... Pretty much RIGHT at SCALE specs ;)

It would be nice to get the min. width reduced. It takes away the true scale appearance of some hulls.

It would be nice to get the min. width reduced. It takes away the true scale appearance of some hulls.
i agree 48 long 24 wide is just not scale!!!

Thus lies the corruption and underlying intent of the rules submitted and voted on.

No one questioned the implications of WHO had hulls that complied with the submitted rules, but instead only read THUNDERBOAT class and voted them in as written.

Want something different, submit a revised change in Thunderboat rule guidelines for a re-vote :D

Wait a year for a true gas scale class. The rules will be tested by the Pacific Northwest Thunderboat Association this year.
http://www.pnwta.org/

Lohring Miller
Lohring - is this being looked at as a replacement for the current T-Boat rules, or as a separate class?

It is interesting that what appears to be one of the most vibrant and growing classes is already being looked at as needing changes after only the first official year. Too bad.

i agree 48 long 24 wide is just not scale!!!
I agree B)

The point is that nowhere in the rules does it say that these are sca;le boats in any conventional sense. In fact, in the NAMBA rules the word "scale" only appears once and it references the driver figure scale limits.

So talking about if it is, or is not, scale misses the point since it is not defined as a scale event.

The link Lohring posted, those guys are talking scale!!

The point is that nowhere in the rules does it say that these are sca;le boats in any conventional sense. In fact, in the NAMBA rules the word "scale" only appears once and it references the driver figure scale limits.
So talking about if it is, or is not, scale misses the point since it is not defined as a scale event.

I was not concerned with the scale look just wanted to know what sizes are the hulls that are being used, which I assume run ok.

Gas Thunderboat is a sportclass, not scale like the NW guys are starting up.

I was not concerned with the scale look just wanted to know what sizes are the hulls that are being used, which I assume run ok.

Those guys in the northwest race scale everything,thunder boat is a different class. BUT if and when more WHEN it takes off we will be looking at the PIONEERS of the class. Id like it see it also but its going to take time to develop hulls. It wont be 1/8 gas maybe 1/6 lets go ahead and pump nitrous into these birds................

I understood what you were looking for Phil. My comments were in response to the several posts that followed yours talking about how "scale" the T-boats are.

Back