Gas Scale Props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Christy

I have a ML boatworks 8255 with a RCMK 30

Any one have any ideas where to start with props ?

Thank you in advance

Ron

Ron,I am also running a K-30 in my T-6 gas scale.Engine is a modded rear exhaust with a Gismo aluminun 2" flat band pipe.I first tried a Prop Works West 6717 with a 3.95 pitch which does great on my Thunderboat,but not fast enough to beat Linda Brown in Evansville.It did not do well on the gas scale which weighs 22lbs..I have run 1 tank on the gas scale using a Voodoo 6717 with more pitch but less blade area.This prop moves the boat significantly faster.I have another Voodoo prop to test Sunday,then I will be tearing the boat down for repairs and repainting.I'll let you know how it works.

Is your engine modded,and does your version of the 8255 hull have tail feathers?Your boat should be lighter than mine.Phil Thomas might chime in here,He is running an 8255 hull with a modded Zen and no tail feathers on the boat.I am told that the modded Zen will have more RPM than the K-30,but the K-30 will have more torque.His best prop will probably be different than mine.

Ron ,I ran the gas scale Sunday.The new prop that I tried was a Voodoo "el diablo".This is not your mother's "el diablo".Greg at Voodoo modified the prop to suit my boat,and it works.Other guys in Knoxville have stock "el diablos",and theirs are different.Voodoo did not send me any numbers,so I don't know what I have.My strut depth is 1" at present,and I did not make any changes for this prop.I was going to start making adjustments,when the ignition coil went south.

Where are you located?Will you be racing your boat next year?Since we both have modded K-30 's with rear exhaust,we may be able to help each other and improve the the class for others."The knoxville Gang" usually race in the southeast and in Evansville.

Harvey

The boat should be done in about a month ( I hope :rolleyes: )

I live in Florida

Try a Daniel place coil it's a heavt duty

I'm willing to share info with you

Thanks

Ron

Ron,we could share info by PM.If it's OK with you,I'd rather put info on this forum,since this class boat is new(except in the northwest) and others may also want to share info to help the class grow.

I will be adding weight to the left sponson this weekend.The boat is trying to roll over to the right in a full speed turn.Norm(chinslip) has had the same problem with his gas scale T-6,though I don't know how his boat is set up)One solution is to back off the throttle in a turn,but I don't want to do that.The modded "el diablo" prop still holds the left sponson up in the straights,and may contribute to the roll attempt in the turns.The CG is presently 2" behind the sponson,and the added weight will help this.There is no added weight in the boat now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harvey

I'll be more then happy to share here the more WE know the better, I'm still a little way from getting the boat wet

Thanks for keeping in touch

Ron

Back